Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unwrapping and applying atexture to a scanned object

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i’ve been trying to unwrap a 3d scanned model in photoshop in only one piece- i can’t seem to attched the unwarp parts into one- what do you think i should do? and how can apply its texture so it would fit perfectly?

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us what you have in Photoshop and what steps you are doing?

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply- I've attached my screen shots below, maybe it will give a better idea about what I was asking about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 3D feature is more an Add-on to a 2D pixels editor.  I think you want a real 3D application one designed for 3D work.  See if there are any Free trial version of such applications. They would be a better choice than Photoshop. You may be able to export materials from then you can edit in Photoshop and then import the updated materials back into the 3D application.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do any of this in Photoshop. PS has no mesh processing, UV-unwrapping and topology tools. You have to use a real 3D program.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to do the same in softwares such as blender and zbrush - did not worked either... (they had other problems).

Would you recommend any other software or process I should do in order to get it right?

I've attached here my situation, maybe you'll have some sort of a lead... Thank you!

object_pic01.png unwrap_pic02.pngmodel_texture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you recommend any other software or process I should do in order to get it right?

Completely irrelevant. Blender and ZBrush would be just fine. It's just plain clear from your images that you've never really learned or heard of retopology and UV workflows in the first place in order to be able to produce contiguous meshes with relaxed and normalized UV projection data to go with them. Of course even ZBrush auto-retopo won't work if you don't help it along by cleaning up your scan data and orienting and sewing your UV mesh parts. There's plenty of tutorials on that in either program and therein is the magic sauce - you have to learn this stuff. It's not easy, it's not pretty, it's boring, it's laborious and this has been the bane of 3D artists for forever, but you can't avoid it. What you have currently is simply useless for any serious 3D work and there are no automated fixes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D is work work work and I do avoid it I'm retired and do not need to work work work.  Play with Photoshop 3D sure why not but I do not need to the most complex thing I did in Photoshop was this done years ago and have not use 3D after that except for looking at spherical panoramas since than.

Insidelight360.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and input and it is a lovly work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand what you are saying but this time you might be a little off.I know all about the 3d world and what it takes but this time im working on a new thing yet to be done and in the process of it I use a scanned 3d object with it's texture ( a 3d-2d-3d process) nothing that I've actually modeled myself so all the regualr 3d  stuff do not apply this time- i was asking about something specific - if you can't help me thats fine. you don't have to say- you don't know nothing- in so many words. you could have asked - what is that for instead, if it looked weird to you. Anyway I appreciate your time to reply, although it was not so helpful. thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines