• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I save custom aspects in the Crop Tool?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with Photoshop Lightroom CC (1.2).

The Crop tool offers 8 aspects. I would like to replace several of them with aspects that I regularly used. (For example, I would like to have 11x4 instead of 8.5x11 and 2x1 instead of 16x9).

I was able to do this in Lightroom Classic, but I can't find a way to do it the new Lightroom.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

I think the only option you have, is to create a Custom Crop visually, then click the lock icon to preserve those values.  That would only save one though.

You can vote for the feature request here:

Where is the Enter Custom Crop Number in the New LR CC??? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't meant to be funny or flippant. But the answer for now at least is to use Lightroom Classic CC. That option isn't available in Lightroom CC. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but one of the objectives of Lightroom CC is to have a consistent interface across all devices. And maybe it's taking time to provide that consistency for all features. I'm not part of the development team, I'm not associated with Adobe at all. It just seems to me that with the development of Lightroom CC the engineers are having to kind of think outside of the box a little bit. And I think users are going to have to do the same. Maybe I'm wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the only option you have, is to create a Custom Crop visually, then click the lock icon to preserve those values.  That would only save one though.

You can vote for the feature request here:

Where is the Enter Custom Crop Number in the New LR CC??? | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines