• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also encountered a photoshop bug last night, which occasionally flares up. When I try to drag the contents of a particular folder, the cursor selection flips to a different layer, and moves the contents of that other layer. Each time I try to drag the folder, it chooses a different payer to randomly move. The only solution was to move the layers up out of the folder, delete the folder, and move the layers by selecting them all. I tried to place them in a new payer, and the same issues happened. This issue persisted after restarting my computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Although your choice of terms is a bit confusing, I wonder if the problem you are encountering is caused by your having the Auto-Select box checked in the Move Options bar. If it is checked and your Move tool lands on an object appearing in another layer, the tool will move that layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop?

Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest creative cloud, windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although your choice of terms is a bit confusing, I wonder if the problem you are encountering is caused by your having the Auto-Select box checked in the Move Options bar. If it is checked and your Move tool lands on an object appearing in another layer, the tool will move that layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Norman. That was it, thanks for your instruction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines