• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC: UI size changed after recent update.

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

With my first, smaller laptop, the UI was a perfect size and worked nicely. After a while, I got a new, larger screened laptop and the Photoshop UI was scaled down dramatically. At first I found this strange and hard to get used to but after a while I started to enjoy the smaller interface and it's advantages. My canvas was much larger and the UI was much less distracting and offered more space for me to work.

This lasted for about a year or two. Now, with the recent update, Adobe has automatically made the UI bigger again and my working area is significantly smaller. My canvas is not much bigger than my smaller laptop screen! The font is bigger and the tab widths are larger.

I have tried the various options available (preferences, interspace, workspace, advanced, etc). I have selected Tiny UI Font size, UI scaling to 100%, deactivated large tabs and STILL nothing has changed after I closed and restart. I have tried setting the UI to Auto and 200% but of course nothing changed. I can manually drag the tabs to a smaller or large width but even the smallest width is bigger than the original.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

If you are using Windows 10 and CC 2018 19.1.1 the setting use is your windows 10 display scalling setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Windows 10 and CC 2018 19.1.1 the setting use is your windows 10 display scalling setting.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The UI has went back to the original state, perfect. Unfortunately, it also scales down my entire computer UI and makes everything tiny. (Folders, internet, taskbar, search etc) Do you have any other suggestions I can try? Is there a way to turn off Photoshop's automatic scaling to the computer?

Thank you again, I greatly appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a prior version of Photoshop where Adobe UI scaling had many issues.  Adode now uses new interfaces in Windows 10 and UI  scaling seems to be working well and uses the settings you set into windoes for the way you want each display scaled.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I shall try that. Thank you very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines