• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to find Extension Manager for Lightroom 6 (standalone version)

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find the Extension Manager for the stand alone version of Lightroom 6?  I do NOT want to get into the CC mire.  I purposely purchased LR6 after using Lightroom CC for the purpose of not using the subscription software.

All I can find is the Extension Manager for CC. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

You can download and install that plugin following the instructions here: Teekesselchen: Download

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom never used Extension Manager.   Most Lightroom plugins have always been installed manually by the user, though some are now installed by CC when you purchase them in the Adobe Add-On store.  If you explain what you're trying to accomplish, we can point you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install the Teekesselchen_1_8_0 plugin to Lightroom 6.  Do I just put the .zxp file in a folder?  I use both a Mac OS X computer and a Windows 10 computer with Lightroom 6.  There are other plugins that I also have used in the past and would probably like to use them again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download and install that plugin following the instructions here: Teekesselchen: Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that will take care of that one, but what about any others I might have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, LR plugins are packaged up as .zips.  You install manually them using the same steps as described for Teekesselchen. The plugin's documentation typically gives installation instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi john,

I have a question, if we provide below Lightroom entry in mxi and package lrplugin in signed zxp, will it not install from Adobe exchange?

<products>

<product version="5" maxversion="7.9" primary="true" name="Photoshop Lightroom" />

</products>

Please provide the insights

I will be thankful to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never tried to publish a plugin in the "new" Adobe Exchange -- it never seemed worthwhile to me, since the organization of the store is so bad for customers and other plugin developers report very little traffic from the store.   I recommend that you search the Lightroom SDK forum for threads about publishing to the exchange, and if that doesn't help, repost your query there, where it might be seen by other plugin developers: Lightroom SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines