• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription cost increasing AGAIN

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to cancel my subscription too. I'm tired of paying exorbitant fees month after month. $72.99 a month? From $52.99? I don't see inflation at that level.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 133 Replies 133
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What country or geography are you in, and which plan do you have?

How long have you had your subscription, and did you receive any initial promotional pricing which may be expiring?

Note that it's also possible to avoid the increase entirely:

Adobe Creative Cloud Price Is Changing – Here’s How, Why, and What That Means for You

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you.

My subscription isn't increasing that much, but as a one-man small business, $50/ month is already insanely expensive for products that I barely scratch the surface of their potential use. There are other products available for free that can do what I need, I just prefer Adobe since I have a basic understanding of how it works.

This feels like a complete money grab that doesn't take into account the little guy. It seems that they are only looking at the bottom line.

Greed is a hell of a drug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's a money grab.

The software satisfied my needs years ago and anything Adobe adds to it now doesn't benefit me. Sometimes it's even a step back - Dreamweaver for example. I don't use the current version because it's terrible.

I understand that converting to subscription based was a good business move since - like I said this software satisfied my needs years ago - so I probably wouldn't bother upgrading and Adobe wouldn't make any money. But having said that - users that aren't benefitting from the updates, like me, won't like paying more.

So, I think this increase will cause a lot of users to start looking elsewhere.

But I have a question... This page says I should be paying $49.99/month now and it's going up to $52.99 but I'm already paying $52.49/month and have been for over four years. What's up with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacUser – guessing that state & local taxes are added, unless you are exempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - you are correct. It's $49.99 + GST (I'm in Canada)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one benefit is that the high cost creates a small barrier to entry in the business. Sometimes I end up competing against part-timers that charge $20/hour - they can't afford the software. No offence intended to any of you - just stating my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks stop complaining Adobe is genuine.. Ever goto a steak house? If you did you probably complained about the price of the amazing meat   .. its like this do you want    or do you want a mcdonalds dollar menu item? Quality requires value and not having updates or dealing with counterfit hacked adobe apps is stupid not saying anyone does but if you do you are missing out huge! Either way adobe will keep laughing because of people like you who complain! Pay premieum or be a horrible photographer or videographer that you are because your going back to imovie or windows movie editor  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience!

For details, please see: Adobe Updates Creative Cloud Pricing          | Adobe Blog

Kindly view the link for more information related to price increase: Creative Cloud for individuals | Price changes in United States, Canada, and Mexico

You may also Contact Customer Care for help. Feel free to update the thread for more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the notification that our subscription rate will go from $49.99 to $79.99. Your "modest increase" is 60%. Would you take a "modest decrease" of 60% to your salary? This is exactly what I predicted Adobe would do with software as a service after killing off all of the competition. We only use Photoshop/Indesign/Illustrator and could care less about all of the other apps that we're basically forced to pay for, it's just like cable TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William, are you in North America and do you have a Teams membership?

If so, then you may have originally signed up when there was a 30% off promotion for your first year(s), to $49.99.

The regular Teams price is now moving from $69.99 to $79.99.

Here is more information on Adobe's pricing adjustments in North America (the first in six years):

Creative Cloud for individuals | Price changes in United States, Canada, and Mexico

Creative Cloud for teams | Price changes in United States, Canada, and Mexico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in agreement with you. This is a ridiculous increase. Blackmail. Get you dependent so you don't have other choices and dramatically raise the fees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great, Kanika...and I appreciate your response, but the "core commercial and government offering" is overpriced to begin with. There needs to be a small business option for those of us who use the product but don't rely on it every day for creative. I use it a few times a month and it was already hard to justify $50/ month.

I hope that "the little guys" speak up and you hear them over this increase so that you realize how many people are/ were already struggling to justify the subscription model. The model itself is unfair. Let me give you a few hundred dollars and own a program that I can use as needed. I could do my work on a 2011 version of Photoshop and Acrobat if the option was available.

The updates and features you champion through the subscription model and it's updates make no impact on my world or on how I interact with the product. Now, I'm supposed to pay more because you have made around 10% more per year and per person since 2012...but haven't increased your price since that increase in revenue.

I hope the creative community agrees with you, because I can't believe that the casual use small business administrative community will.

Best,

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William and frankenrock - sounds like we are all in a similar situation. I really only use Id, Ps and Ai - hardly use Dw so I could live without it.

I need an affordable package for those programs only. You're exactly right comparing it to cable TV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The time is ripe for another software company to compete with Adobe CC. It's rotten I had CS6 license revoked 5 year after I purchased but didn't have any recourse because the original seller is out of business and therefore not on Adobe's "valid vender" list. Rotten way to treat someone who has been using their product since the 1990's.

Also the response from adobe "Sorry for the inconvenience!" is so patronizing for a response to their greed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michiet,

Why would you call it greed? From what you describe, it sounds like you may have had an unauthorized license.

You say the seller is out of business, which leaves some unanswered questions... Was this a legitimate license and legal product purchased from a reputable, well-known vendor whose name we would all recognize, at a normal price? If so, and if you can prove that, then do you think Adobe revoked it unjustifiably?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you work for Adobe. There are so many complaints on legit licenses being revoked, yet here you are sticking out for these bad practices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't work for Adobe, but we are independent Community Professionals who are passionate about Adobe products and try to help out customers in these Forums as unpaid volunteers.

It could be possible that some legal licenses are erroneously being flagged as illegitimate. But since you didn't answer the essential question about the exact source and details of your purchase, unfortunately no one can really help you here. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a report with my city police department and didn't think it would go beyond that. I was contacted by a police detective and he asked me to send receipts, which I still have. He also notified me that I could also file with the FBI. I hope something comes from this. As for giving you the exact source, I already did that when I called Adobe, the only thing they did is tell me is was not a authorized vendor and was trying to push me to get a subscription.

As I said before I was able to update all of my programs for 5 years before the license was revoked. Seems to me that Adobe could have identified a illegitimate license a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michiet, let's see if I understand this right: It seems you've done nothing but rip into Adobe for justifiably revoking a license sold from an illegal vendor who you actually filed a police report against... And then you've gone further to characterize Adobe as 'greedy' because you were able to use that illegitimate copy for 5 years. And finally, Adobe is the party here labeled with 'bad practices.'

Honestly, it boggles the mind. Sorry, there's really nothing anyone here can do for you. Hopefully the police or FBI will turn up something on the scammer who made away with your money. Certainly Adobe never got a cent of it. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these comments to my reply, seems inauthentic. Not from the standpoint of a graphic designer point of view but rather someone who has some kind of connection with Adobe. Since these forums are owned by Adobe, I suppose they must protect their "reputation" when anyone comments ANYTHING they don't deem as positive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't Adobe's fault if your license is not legit. But if you prove your case and the revocation was by error, Adobe will return your license and apologize. I will not say that it is your fault, except if you bought something that obviously needed to be fake.

And FYI, there is competition out, there always was competition and Adobe up to now has a good stand on the market.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its pretty annoying when thats all you reply with. BOT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should she reply with?

Subscription cost that increase are due to a promotional subscription price coming to its term or a student subscription getting renewed as a fully priced subscription.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just to be clear: students & teachers never pay full price... For education customers, the first year is discounted by at least 60%, and then subsequent years by at least 40%.

But yes, after that first year extra-discounted rate, the price does increase to a lesser-discounted rate. This also would happen with regular, non-academic customers after, say, their first year with a seasonal holiday offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines