• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify 'Foward Warp' tool don't do what they normally do anymore?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My liquify in Photoshop CC 2018 randomly stopped working, the top 3 tools: Forward Warp, Reconstruct and Smooth don't do what they used to do or don't do anything at all. Please help me

Moved from Photoshop Elements forum to Photoshop forum. [Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Here's how I fixed it after struggling to find an answer for maybe a couple of years! Always worked on my 2019 MacBook Pro, NEVER worked on my 2017 iMac. 

My issues were in the Brush Tool Options area of the Liquify properties. My pressure was set to 0, and no matter what I did with the Forward Warp tool, nothing would work. Don't know how it got set to 0, maybe when I was fooling around with using my Apple Pencil. I changed it to anything above zero (it's at 46 right now), and it works like it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe what is different? I would help if you provided a screen capture to show what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And please check »Show Mesh« for the screenshots to show how distorted the area already is where the Tool/s fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's how I fixed it after struggling to find an answer for maybe a couple of years! Always worked on my 2019 MacBook Pro, NEVER worked on my 2017 iMac. 

My issues were in the Brush Tool Options area of the Liquify properties. My pressure was set to 0, and no matter what I did with the Forward Warp tool, nothing would work. Don't know how it got set to 0, maybe when I was fooling around with using my Apple Pencil. I changed it to anything above zero (it's at 46 right now), and it works like it used to - Flawlessly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines