• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jpeg's & Png's Opening up Weird in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when I drag a jpeg or png from my desktop or folder it opens up all distorted and the colours messed up. Usually a yellow and white tint over it.

Happens even if i right click the file and open with photoshop. The only fix I have been able to find is open it in illustrator and move it into photoshop from there.

If someone could tell me the reason why this is happening? or if they have had the same issue and how/if they were able to fix it.

Thank You!

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 3.13.38 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am having the exact same issue. Very annoying and weird.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-13-at-11.13.28-AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you provided more information, like OS and Photoshop version, is this happening to both jpegs and png's or just png's

If it's just png images and you have PS CC2018 and your on a MAC, try disabling these options in preferences and then restart Photoshop

Untitled3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Apparently, Photoshop is aware of the issue as it very

widespread with its global user base and Adobe will run a fix with its next

Photoshop CC update.

Thanks for the quick reply.

ManyThanks,

Caleb

Caleb Walsh | Digital Designer |* cabcreative.co.nz

<http://cabcreative.co.nz>* |* 021 81 3662

<http://cabcreative.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Caleb_Walsh_Cab_Creative.vcf>*

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:15 PM, Ged Traynor <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We are happy to announce that the issue with PNG issue should be fixed with the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.2) update which is now available.

Please install the update and let us know if you still see this issue.

To update, click Update next to Photoshop CC in the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Just in case, If you don't see the update right away, click the 3 dots in the upper right and choose Check for App Updates. Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications

Regards

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines