Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing audio tracks and exporting media as an MXF file

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to this and have a basic question.

I have been sent an MXF file, which has corrupted audio.

They have also provided the left and right stereo files separately, which are fine, so I have unlinked the original audio and deleted it. and then replaced with the new files and it's all synced up and playing fine.

I need to send the replacement file on to some one else, so what steps do I need to take, to make sure the new audio is wrapped to the video?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

You just need to export it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Laura

In the export media settings you can select MXF Op1a if you need absolutly MXF . Look also the audio tab if you need because MXF has particular audio options, like numbers of chanels, separate mono tracks for exemple.

By default Enable smart rendering is enabled that allows you to preserve the original MXF video and avoid re encoding it. I don't know if it will works if the audio has changed but you can try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to export it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, both!

You were right - I just exported it with the "Match Source (re-wrap)" preset and it was fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines