Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DJI PHANTOM 4PRO FOOTAGE DOESNT WORK ON PREMIER

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im drone user and i got couple different dji's. Just bought the Dji phantom 4pro, and now its my first time to edit the footage of THIS drone. I get some error message from premier that "premiere pro a low level exception occurred". Ive tried with media encoder to code the footage but it wont do anything to it. It also keep saying "footage doesnt have image or sound with it". Ive tried to conver the file from MOVi to MPG2 and to MP4 but none of that helps. Ive changed the files location, started my computer again and again. Rebooted the premier. None of this helps. Biggest question is how come that this footage dont work but for example i fly the inspire and with that footage i dont have any problems never.

I need help quickly!! Thank you!

Regards

Jesse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Just checking though, are you uploading that media to an internal drive on your computer, then using the PrPro "Media Browser" panel to navigate to & select the media, then "import" ... or just dragging & dropping from finder/explorer?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi man,

Im dragging it in and dropping

15.8.2017 18.54 "R Neil Haugen" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> kirjoitti:

DJI PHANTOM 4PRO FOOTAGE DOESNT WORK ON PREMIER created by R Neil Haugen

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/RNeilHaugen> in Premiere Pro CC - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9768770#9768770>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried it both. And it doesnt work. Its weird some of the footage it lets me to drop there but most of them says "premiere pro a low level exception occurred".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's probably either the video codec or audio. does it work if you transcode with handbrake as constant framerate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you do that? Thanks for advance

15.8.2017 21.17 "chrisw44157881" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> kirjoitti:

DJI PHANTOM 4PRO FOOTAGE DOESNT WORK ON PREMIER created by chrisw44157881

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/chrisw44157881> in Premiere Pro CC - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9768880#9768880>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download handbrake and load media into it, then set output as constant framerate, click the checkbox and type in the same framerate as your original media.set video quality as RF 16. audio as passthrough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JesseK,

I am sorry that you are experiencing trouble importing DJI Phantom 4 Pro clips into Premiere Pro.

There seems to be an issue/limitation with the codec, the way DJI P4P is creating it is not familiar to Premiere Pro.

This file type is not currently supported by Premiere Pro.

Please submit a feature request through the following link to Premiere Pro Engineering team requesting support for this file type.

Feature Request Form

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to several replies,

"DJI Phantom 4 Pro is yet not included in current version of Premiere Pro Supported formats

The development team is working on it to include in future versions."

Those replies were a few months ago. Is there any progress to report? I've run into the same problem. Only about 1/3 of my Phantom 4 Pro videos (4K 29.97 framerate) can be read by any Adobe products. All can be played with Windows "Movie and TV" and VLC and other players. I can open all files with Vegas Pro. It seems to be only Adobe products (for which I pay monthly!) that can't handle these (Lightroom, Media Encoder, Premier Pro all failed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happen to test this yesterday

No problems importing P4P mov files, mac and windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GaryS42,

I apologize that it took so long, but you will get support for HEVC (also known as H.265) codec footage in a QuickTime (.MOV) container in Premiere Pro CC v12.0.1.

New features summary for the January 2018 release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm still facing the same problem

What shall I do exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amiro70723780,

Let us know more about your issue and we will try to help.

What is the exact version of Premiere Pro (check in the help menu)?

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - spent hours of hours for nothing.

All other programs have no problem with the files - exept Premiere Pro CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised that Adobe, industry leader in video doesn’t recognize DJI DRone ..,, industry leader in drone video capture...  shouldn‘t that be as basic as a power button..,, and done without have to request it from engineers... I mean, really guys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I get the feeling after reading the posts in here that there seems to be a lack of urgency and sometimes feel as though we were talking to a radio shack clerk from the 80s instead of Adobe.... anyone else get that feeling??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does support drone footage.

Please upload a short clip to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user to user forum, with some assistance from the Support staff and since the management of PrPro changed a year ago, some actual participation from engineers. Which has been most welcome.

There is their new user voice feedback system that is vastly better than the old one for submitting bugs and feature requests and is linked to from the top of the Overview page of this forum.

Drone media is by its nature the nastiest stuff for an NLE made. They've pushed the long-GOP standards way out to get the most data recorded fastest and smallest to the card using specially designed chips in the camera circuits.

Every frame requires a ton of CPU and RAM work along with the CPU cache, cores, threads subsystems. Much harder on the system than say almost all 6k log media.

Some DSLR and M4/3 cameras are as bad. Which is why using the included Cineform proxy preset for it is so highly recommended.

So "supporting" a codec doesn't necessarily imply that playback while editing will be smooth on all machines. And the newest efforts of the manufacturer's may take a bit more work on the engineers to work it decently.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I’m having the Same problem. I import 7 clips, 4 import the other 3 I get the message: no audio and visual steams. I’ve got latest Quicktime on machine and downloaded Premiere Pro 3 days ago. VERY FRUSTRATING. As I was led to believe that PP was the best. Gonna try FCP. Anyone know  an editing platform for  P4P?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been requested multiple times in this thread to upload a short clip of a problematic file so that others can test out the footage. This is essential to determine the source of the problem.

And have people attempted to convert the drone shots to a more standard video file like pro res or DNxHD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere can't work with DNxHD right now, i tried last week and saw only red frames from Premiere and After Effects.

Another NLE is what we all need to solve so many problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with DNxHD/R without issues. I have seen that there are a few users with problems there, haven't any idea what it could be. I checked with several other editors, most doing fine ... one having issues with t-codes of Red or Sony stuff, can't remember which ... something like that. They were the real high-Q  versions of DNx of course. Fewer users per chance, but ... when you're using it for that sort of work, you need it to just work.

So ... if you're having DNx issues, file that UserVoice thing.

I also use Resolve. Including doing entire projects there when I need such things as the nifty effect that can take an entire frame or section of a frame and subtly key-frame 'gain' so that the exposure appearance stays constant over the course of a long shot with say shifting amounts of light coming through windows.

You're quite welcome to simply stay "there", of course. Competition is something I heartily endorse. You're just as welcome to post on the UserVoice system here all your troubles. That's more effective in attempting to change PrPro as that data for issues filed goes to both the engineering QC team and the upper management reports for the folks that determine budgets for X, Y, Z. More pain points on a report, more budget. Simple major corporation internal processing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have nailed it. I don’t know what I’ve done but it’s working fine now.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its a mov change the extention to mp4

If that does no help

Can you upload a short clip.

because I have played DJI 4 pro clips succesfully in Premiere.

Quicktime installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the impression from another drone user that the Phantom 4 Pro can record with different settings.  It's only the Pro footage that wasn't working for him.  Perhaps the footage that worked for you was the not-Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines