• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign activation problem

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of a computer malfunction involving win 10 I was unable to deactivate my InDesign cs3. I downloaded the non activation version but it reverts back to the activation version. I would be grateful for the answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Hi,  I finished re-installing the activation free version of CS3 today.   However the InDesign module was greyed out and was not installed.  I scanned my system for InDesign.exe and it is not there.  Is there a CS3 version that can be downloaded or copied  from my original CS3 DVD and installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is not one you're going to like. CS3 is not supported under Windows 10.

If you've already followed the directions to use the non-activation version of the software: Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

and it still doesn't work properly, the only suggestion I have is to browse to the InDesign.exe file and run that under Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Beyond that you are on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have said that I got rid of Win 10 and reverted to Win 8. I have both serial # for my original ver and the downloaded non activation. Hope this helps with a solution.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No different. Not supported under Widows 8, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I really want is for Adobe is to take off the activation for my original product and allow me to use the non activation version which I have downloaded. There must be a file somewhere that allows them to deactivate my product using my original serial #. Adobe has got my money and I would like to use my InDesign CS3.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you or did you not download the new installers from that link I provided to you? If not, do it.

If you did, and you're still having issues, then find yourself an old computer running Windows 7.

CS3 is more than 10 years old and you cannot expect it to keep running while upgrade everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob has told you how you'd to be able to use your old version of InDesign (CS3). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your suggestions. My InDesign CS3 is running quite smoothly and my CS2 apps are too all on Win 8.1. To look for an old computer running win 7 I don't think was very constructive or practical.

Cheers

You can now call this as correct and answered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I finished re-installing the activation free version of CS3 today.   However the InDesign module was greyed out and was not installed.  I scanned my system for InDesign.exe and it is not there.  Is there a CS3 version that can be downloaded or copied  from my original CS3 DVD and installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you attempting to use it on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it was a part of the original CS3 Window DVD.  All of the other modules install successfully using the Adobe instructions.  Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you or did you not download the replacement installer? Did you install using that?

If so, you're on your own. The only suggestion I have is to run it in Window 7 compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you go to the download bit  that allows you put in your in your serial # from the back of the cd pack. You then scroll down and pick which download version you want. It said somewhere that you don't need your original disc. I found that I needed it as part of the download. Before you start delete anything previously downloaded. I am on Win 8.1 and it is working. Perhaps Bob will guide you to the first bit and explain it a bit more cohesively.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is explained in that article I linked to including download links for the new installers.

But again, I wouldn’t count on it working. To be safe, I would install it in Windows 7 compatibility mode with administrator priviliges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines