• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need photoshop to automatically rotate items to make smallest width

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I am attempting automatically rotate item (layer) so that the width of the item is at its narrowest.

So visually I want to go from this...

notminimum.jpg

to this

minimum.jpg

my starting point is this..

starting point.jpg

As you can see from the laters it is an item photographed on a green screen.

My reason for attempting this is to achieve a foolproof auto-rotate action that can be applied to a folder of images. I have played around with various auto rotate tools is CS, LR and even Elements. They work on 95% of the cases but in a few cases it fails (maybe the lines within the image itself are effecting the rotation.

So could there be a tool within CS that I am missing or would it be possible to use photoshop scripts to achieve this?

Thanks, James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would it be possible to use photoshop scripts to achieve this?

You may want to ask on the Photoshop Scripting Forum:

Photoshop Scripting

But please post some actual sample images right away.

I have played around with various auto rotate tools is CS, LR and even Elements.

Did that include »Crop and Straighten Photos«?

Are the clipped images always (roughly) rectangular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the clipped images are always roughly rectangular. However some are landscape and some portrait so any solution would be improved is the maximum rotation could be set otherwise it would rotate all the landscape images to portrait as the width would be less.

I have played around with Crop and Straighten. Again it works for 90% (or even 95%) but makes a mess of the others and in some cases decides to cut some items into multiple pieces.

I have attached a sample imageexample1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines