Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am runming Mac OS high sierra, iphone And iPad

LR classic cc latest version 7.2

synch has stopped working

and I have a file in synch error

a video named  iPhone - img_3762.mov blocked in upload

i have tried to find this file on desktop, on iPhone photos, on iPhone LR cc but no trace of it

i have deleted the full iPhone collection (the one used for automatic import)

i have also deleted the sync.lrdata no result

disconnect and reconnect adobe is on all devices no results

I have also optimize my LR catalogue

i have around 400 collections in several colletions folders and 40000 photos synced

any idea on how  to force LR forget about this ghost file ?

Capture d

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Login to your account on Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom  and see if you can find and delete it there.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could delete it from there but I know have 854 items in error "pending"

I check a few ones and these are photos deleted from my computer but still present on the mobile (all rejected photos)

Capture d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably have to delete these online too...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried it several times with inconsistent results

I have a collection with 205 reject photos in LR mobile that are not synched as rejected

the top of Lightroom show me 819 photos under synch

and the errors

panels show me 18 uploading, 115 pending

Capture d

Capture d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has given you inconsistent results? Holding down the option key and clicking on the Rebuild Sync button should clear the data in the list wiping it clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this precisely after having pushed on the rebuild button

It restart syncing my 42000 photos and end up either above inconsistent results

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 12 mars 2018 à 13:30, cmgap <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Ghost file blocking sync with mobile devices in LR

created by cmgap in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

What has given you inconsistent results? Holding down the option key and clicking on the Rebuild Sync button should clear the data in the list wiping it clean.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10236649#10236649 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10236649#10236649

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - this I think makes sense. It also happened with my catalog. I had two video files from my iPhone that hung up syncing and I deleted all references to them. Firstly I removed them from lightroom.adobe.com. Then I removed them from Lr Classic and then I cleared the sync data in preferences.

Can you go to the Activity Center and click the white down triangle beside your name in the upper right corner of Lr? There turn off sync temporarily. Go into preferences > Lr Syncing to clear the data file.

Under the Catalog panel do you see a Sync Errors category? If you do, select all and remove from there any images that have errors.

Once your data file is cleared and the sync errors are also clear turn off any synced collections that may have missing images as they will hang up the sync process - every time.

If you have thousands of images and want to check which may be missing their originals, do a search in the Library module for missing photos and reconnect those images to their original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your recommendation and I made big cleaning by deleting all items on Lightroom web until I got 0 error of synch

unfortunately I still have mysterious 386 photos "being synchronised" and no error mentioned under the catalogue section

adding a new collection in LR classic does not synchronise to LR Mobile

I am becoming mad with those synch issues , and can't work on my  professional work in an efficient manner

Capture d

Capture d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to sync 40,000+ images. I think you might be running out of Cloud Storage space and that is why you are getting the error and or 386 images aren't syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are trying to sync 40,000+ images. I think you might be running out of Cloud Storage space and that is why you are getting the error and or 386 images aren't syncing.

Actually, if you sync from Lightroom Classic, you should never run out of space. Unless something was changed very recently, the smart previews that are synched by Lightroom Classic do not count in your Creative Cloud storage space allocation.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indeed only using 3Go out of 20

Capture d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohanEl54  wrote

Actually, if you sync from Lightroom Classic, you should never run out of space. Unless something was changed very recently, the smart previews that are synched by Lightroom Classic do not count in your Creative Cloud storage space allocation.

Then what does?

They are taking up space as far as I can see.

LR M storage space used..PNG

And that is with only 485 synced images.

But this doesn't seem to be the OPs problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what does it look like in lightroom.adobe.com... are you seeing gray boxes with exclamations points? These must also be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no grey boxes in the web

I took the decision to erase fully LR web , and resynchronize from scratch my 600 collections

in the process of synching now : still 32000 syncing after one night !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc -

Did you first filter on missing photos? Any missing photos will cause errors the same as before.

Also the synced collections will not be your original files. Are you uploading all of your collections as a backup or to share when you provide the public link?

How do you use Lr mobile... just curious what your workflow is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 usage

60 % After shooting , import all photos and Lightroom classic cc and synch to LR mobile : rejecting photos 70-80% to make selection, make some basic editing , cropping

30% after full processing in LR Classic : synch of final results to show to clients , models....

10% some photos and print screen taken with iPhone to get them back into Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shoot and then upload to mobile > sort -rate > delete rejected - got it

Edit in Classic > sync > share with clients etc > got it

Was there an event that caused you to have to upload 40 thousand images in one attempt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that I deleted all LR Web to solve this issue of a few hundreds not synchronised and blocking any new synch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh! Yes I was out of step with a couple of posts here.

Did you search for any missing photos before you started the sync again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, deleted all photos in LR classic for which reference could not be found

still 19945 photos to sync (only 50% done after 18 hours )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that I would have tried to sync that many images/collections in one shot. I might have tested a subset to see how long the process was taking and then adjust from there. What is your internet speed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

85Mpbs down and 15Mbps up

But Lightroom is very slow to upload them

running iMac 2017 core i7 with 48Go RAM and SSD for the catalogue + external HD thunderbolt 3 for the photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Clear the image error as shown in the Lightroom Sync Preferences tab > Hold down the option key until you see the list replaced with this view and tap the Rebuild Sync Data button:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines