Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set PDF files to automatically open in Acrobat Pro X

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I am using a PC with Windows X.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro X and would like all PDF files to automatically open in Acrobat Pro X.  I have followed the steps to choose where to have the PDF files open, but Acrobat Pro X is not one of the available choices.  I believe there is somewhere I need to go in my computer to tick a box to add that as an available choice, but I don't know where that might be. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jen

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

First of all, Acrobat X is not compatible with Windows 10, so problems with it are to be expected.

What steps did you take so far, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, Acrobat X is not compatible with Windows 10, so problems with it are to be expected.

What steps did you take so far, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now understand Acrobat Pro X is not compatible with Windows 10 and thus the cause of my problems, so I purchased Acrobat Pro 2017.  I will need to uninstall Pro X before installing Pro 2017, correct?  If so, what is the best procedure to uninstall the program?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivate it from the Help menu first and then do a normal uninstallation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the Help menu in Pro X?  If so, I can't access it as the program will not open at all.  Is there another way to deactivate it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's the only way. If you're not planning on installing Acrobat X elsewhere then it's not a big deal, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not planning to use at anywhere else.  Thank you for helping me with this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines