• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jagged circles photoshop cc

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop CC 19.0 version. In using the ellipse tool the circles end up jagged and not a smooth circle. i use Windows and a laptop. I have used with and without anti alias turned on. It is frustrating not to be able to use something you pay for and if I can't use it I will be turning to another program that works.jaggedcircle.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing any issue like that on my end, can you post a screenshot of PS with all the panels open.

Also the most recent version of Photoshop CC2018 is 19.1.2

More info

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Try updating PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ged Traynor already requested:

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% and with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) and other UI elements visible?

The one you posted is pretty much meaningless.

And as mention »Anti-alias«: Are you talking about the Ellipse Tool or the Elliptical Marquee Tool?

What is the image’s Color Mode and bit depth?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshotcircle.jpg This is also with the updated version of CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows Anti-aliasing is turned off.

Please post a screenshot of a circle created after turning it on.

Why do you create pixels and not shapes by the may?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - it does not have jagged edges with squares, rectangles, polygons, etc. Only a circle shape. Also does it with custom shapes and I select the moon shape and the moon is jagged because it is a half circle. So it is clearly not my laptop that is the issue. It is clearly a Photoshop issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kims1567128  wrote

Interesting - it does not have jagged edges with squares, rectangles, polygons, etc. Only a circle shape. Also does it with custom shapes and I select the moon shape and the moon is jagged because it is a half circle. So it is clearly not my laptop that is the issue. It is clearly a Photoshop issue.

Can you see why perpendicular lines are not going to show jaggies regardless of whether anti aliasing is used?

A good way to see just how badly an edge can look without AA is to Free Transform a circle with Interpolation set to Nearest Neighbour, which applies no AA at all.  The lower ellipse is a result of FT'ing the upper circle under exactly those circumstances, and you can see how much damage has been done to the outline.

Another demonstration is to use Curves or Levels to remove it.  You have to merge the layer with a white background for the Curves to work, as demonstrated below where a vertical curve adjustment has hardened the blurred pixels (which is essentially what AA does — it blurs the edge pixels.  I have zoomed in to 500% to exaggerate the effect by way of demonstration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before making a selection with Elliptical marque tool or other selection tools make sure that you enabled the [ Anti Alias } option from the option bar above.

anti.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with elipse tool and brushes they are jagged too. (( i updated windows but it isn't help.
And Idk how to fix that

hikarukenta_0-1594315867965.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines