• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot color or draw on a photo in photoshop elements 18

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched high and low for a tutorial on how to draw.  All I want to do is touch up a photo where I need to draw a little bit of a flesh color on a red spot on a face (not red eyes).  I used to do this so easily years ago on other photos - circa 2001. Now this photoshop elements is one of the most confusing packages I have ever used.  When I click and hold on the draw feature - sometimes nothing happens. When I select a color, it doesn't show on the picture.  Always, the color is black even though I have selected a flesh color.  Please help me!! Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not try the spot healing brush in Expert mode – see image below. Simply paint over the red spot and include some of the surrounding area and PSE will try to make an automatic blend. Ensure the tool options bar at the bottom is set to content aware. You my need to brush a couple of times.

healing.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select a color, it doesn't show on the picture.  Always, the color is black even though I have selected a flesh color.

Also, have a look in Image menu>Mode and make sure that RGB Color is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much to both of you.. Can either of you help me to figure out how to center text?  I have been through at least 10 tutorials. can't find one tutorial on photoshop elements 18 on how to center. I follow the directions and I cannot get the stupid text to center. it is crazy that something this simple to do is so difficult. I am able to work in layers, ,hit the move key and hit center but that centers the text from up and down.. not left to right. there seems to be no button to center it in the middle of the page left to right.  to be honest, I wish i had never bought photoshop elements.  I can't believe how tortured my brain is on how to use it. thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you figured it out - how to center text>

How do you perfectly center text in Photoshop Elements 14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines