• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

March 2018 update to Illustrator CC (22.1) is here!

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, we're releasing Illustrator CC (22.1) which is available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. We're excited to announce several new features and fix for nearly 21 top customer bugs/issues reported on our UserVoice website.

Top Features of the Release

• See on-screen controls clearly - You can now increase the size of anchor points, handles, and bounding boxes making them even easier to work with.
  • Merge data using CSV files - It’s easier than ever to merge data in the Variables Panel now that you can use CSV or XML files.
  • Import multiple page PDFs - Save time when you import all the pages of a PDF all at once. You can choose a page range or select individual pages.
  • Dropbox Smart Sync improvements - Now you can browse your Dropbox files without inadvertently downloading them.
  • Refer to this page for further details.

Top Issues fixed with the release

• We have fixed 21 issues this release as reported on our UserVoice website. Please refer to this page for details of these bugs.
  • We have also fixed top 20 customer submitted crashes across MAC and Win through the crash reporter.
  • A big thank you to all of you who take time to report issues on UserVoice and submit crash reports. Thank you, we are getting stable because of your feedback. Please continue to vote on our UserVoice and submit crash reports so that we can pick the right set of bugs for the next release.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi  | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Adobe. Make It an Experience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Ashutosh. we'll see how it goes.

illustrator doesn't mistakenly think I'm using a touch device anymore, which is a bonus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did you do to the GPU preview? It's weird now... have to go back to 22.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh and his team have essentially ruined GPU preview for anyone using a Windows/nVidia combination. I'd advise anyone with this combination to stick with 22.0.1 or earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are you seeing exactly? i noticed this sort of thing with very thin strokes that I hadn't before:

gpu-prev.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had that issue myself, and generally all thin strokes are displaying too thick - only fix is to disable GPU performance, at which point everything seems normal again. There's a few other bugs which have been added to 22.1 which weren't present in 22.0.1. It's very disappointing. The Illustrator team know about them from beta testing, but decided to release 22.1 regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

working with pretty thin icons. Small circles like 2x2 or 3x3 px looking squared in GPU preview. Switching between GPU and Pixel previews is a huge difference.

22.0.1 does not have that issue (GPU preview there is much better than pixel preview)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@San5o @Doug A Roberts - are you on Windows, with an nVidia video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, Windows 10 and a nvidia quadro K110M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, win7+970nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been testing 22.1 on the pre-release programme, I did flag up the Windows/nVidia GPU problem a couple of weeks back. The development team acknowledged it and agreed that it was a problem, but chose to go ahead and release 22.1 to the public regardless. I'm now running 22.1 with GPU switched off, and obviously Illustrator is running a little slower as a result, but it does rectify the GPU glitches which 22.1 has introduced. I guess we'll just have to hope there's a 22.1.1 which fixes the latest "update"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm somehow tired about all the new updates for Illustrator/Photoshop. With every new version they break a lot of basic things (for example text resizing in photoshop, pre version before). After almost every update I have to go back to prev. version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still mourning the loss of key features in Adobe Illustrator. As long as Adobe ignores key features such as "maintaining multi-selection while editing with pencil tool" I'll look at each "upgrade" through skeptic eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, still waiting for dimension tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You forgot the link to your bug report so others can vote:

Edit multiple selected paths with Pencil tool. – Adobe Illustrator Feedback :

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They now have a native variable-importer function, but it seems more finicky and stripped-down compared to the VariableImporter features I've created and gotten used to myself. I still foresee more users of that script, as more advanced users will likely get hooked via the Adobe native route and then proceed on to the VariableImporter.jsx for its user-friendly features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious for more detail on the GPU issue. 

Could posters please include hardware / OS information?

It seems this is mostly a Windows 10/nVidia centric thing but it would be nice to know the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have not been able to use the Variable data feature at all, cannot import any CSV or XML, all I get is an error of invalid format.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Vasily Hall found out right away that the csv importer will only accept a csv file with Windows line endings.

Although I tried it the other day with Unix formatted line endings and it imported fine. The only thing that won't work is the Mac formatted line endings. When I tried to import that I got the "invalid" error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for people having specific issues it's probably best to make a new thread with details so more people can see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Doug+A+Roberts  wrote

for people having specific issues it's probably best to make a new thread with details so more people can see it.

And / or report bugs on User Voice and include the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the bigger selection handles and anchor points!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, loving the bigger handles - much easier to work with!!!

(Please make the entire UI scalable for 4-5k Macs, as you do in Windows, please!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The install is not working for me for this update. Now Illustrator is no longer on my computer!

Exit Code: 145

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator22-Core', version:22.1.0.314

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator22-Core Version: 22.1.0.314). Error code: '145'

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any support for not loading files?

Tried restarting computer/quitting/reloading AI.

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 4.24.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines