• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help restoring library after all photos deleted

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently started using the new Lightroom CC, and all was working fairly well. However, i happened to start Classic, and it started syncing all my cloud library because there was a collection set to sync with LR Mobile. Didn't want this to happen, so I deleted the collection - without thinking about the consequences! Basically, all the photos in the cloud library were deleted in the process of deleting the collection. Of course, when I started the new CC again, it too synced and deleted all the photos. Disaster!

Now then, I can restore the whole CC library from a Time Machine backup (fortunately, I have CC set to hold a copy of all originals). But as soon as I start CC, it syncs and deletes all the photos again, I guess because the cloud has the "truth". How can I get my photos back? There doesn't seem to be a way to override the sync behaviour. If I turn off my internet connection after the restore, I can see all the photos, but as soon as the Internet is back on - whoosh, they all disappear.

I'm panicked!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

I ended up restoring the library and starting LR without an Internet connection, so I could see all the photos. Then I used "Save to" to export originals+changes for each album individually. Then enable Internet, photos all disappear, then re-import everything. Of course, they have to all sync back up to the cloud. Laborious, but it worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up restoring the library and starting LR without an Internet connection, so I could see all the photos. Then I used "Save to" to export originals+changes for each album individually. Then enable Internet, photos all disappear, then re-import everything. Of course, they have to all sync back up to the cloud. Laborious, but it worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great stick-to-it-ness here. Thanks for the update too as it may help others encountering the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines