Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What licence is for 13y.o. kid to use Photoshop at home

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My daughter wants to learn how to use Photoshop and to use it so she can make desktop backgrounds, forum signatures etc, with themes from her favorite games and books/movies.
I am almost sure that I have to get her Students&Teachers 9.99USD licence but I do no know what kind of prof she will need that she is student, so I do not want to start paying before I am sure that it will be useful for her. So what is procedure and how she can confirm that she is primary school student?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Support said that all she have to do is to use her school email to register account on Adobe site and that is good enough to prove that she is student. So .edu email address is enough.

They also confirmed that Personal Photography and Student Photography licences are same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in Australia I would enroll her in a tafe class then use the free 1 year sub... after a year she should know if art is what she wants to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help

To qualify for a student discount, you must be at least 13 years of age and enrolled in one of the following:

• University or college — accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study*
  • Primary or secondary school — accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction*
  • Homeschool — defined by state homeschooling regulations
  • Report card
  • Transcript
  • Tuition bill or statement
  • Current membership ID to a homeschool association (for example, the Home School Legal Defense Association)
  • Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year

*Accredited schools are those that are approved by an association recognized by the U.S. Department of Education/State Board of Education or the Canadian/Provincial Ministries of Education and that teach students as their primary focus. In the U.S., such associations include: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.

† Documents dated within the last six months are considered current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She is 13 and we live in Sweden and she is in public primary school (like all other kids), I have no idea if they are accredited in USA. How that should work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link

Adobe Creative Cloud Education FAQ

You can also contact Adobe Customer Care who should be able to provide more details

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that already. And I am not sure if I am just missing it or there is no explanation what my daughter needs to prove she is primary school student.

Closest to info I am asking for is this paragraph:
"If you purchased directly from Adobe via Adobe.com or phone in North America, you have 14 days to submit your proof of eligibility. If you purchased on Adobe.com in other regions, or if you purchased from a reseller, you have six days to submit your proof of eligibility."

But I can't find what is proof of eligibility for kid that go to school in Sweden.

EDIT:

I read this page also

Enterprise & teams Help | Primary and Secondary Institution Eligibility Guidelines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read it as well and I'm none the wiser either so I think customer care would be your best option, sorry I can't be of any more help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need the student version. The Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan is the same price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ronald+Keller  wrote

You don't need the student version. The Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan is the same price.

Ronald, do you realize that the Student Teacher subscription is a full one and includes _all_ the CC apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double checked and it look like Individual Photography and Student Photograpy, both for 9.99 USD are same. It is 19.99USD (special offer) for students that have full bundle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually no, but OP explicitly asked about what licence for a kid to use Photoshop at home. So I tried to help her avoid the hassle and simply  go for the Photography plan.

But of course you are right, if she needs the other applications too then it's not the best choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At thirteen a lot is going on in their lives. Each youngster is different.  If you are not sure your daughter is ready to make the time and effort commitment that the steep learning curve of Photoshop demands, you may want to consider first purchasing Photoshop Elements and allowing her to earn professional Photoshop when she demonstrates the qualities I mentioned. Photoshop Elements is capable of producing the material you mentioned and what she learns is easily transferable into the professional version of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you can do this kind of editing in PS Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save yourself the trouble and money (not to say the frustration of having to rent software for your daughter) when Krita is all your daughter would need. Everything in that video can be easily done in Krita, and the painting tools are actually arguably superior compared to the ones in Photoshop.

The best thing about Krita: open source and free. And very powerful. More than enough for your daughter to learn the ropes, and produce high-quality work. And risk-free. Many digital artists use Krita nowadays.

https://krita.org/en/

Good tutorials online on Youtube, etc.

PS don't bother with PS Elements, in my opinion. Too limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now you entered my field of interest. I am trying to keep on free side of software world so I am using Gimp for hobby work (I am professional in mechanical CAD design so I do not use photo editing at work). It looks like Krita have some functions that make it nice combo to have along with Gimp. BTW my daughter wants PS because I learned image editing on it and she like to do it same like I did... And for 10 euros per month I see no problem for her to have it for few months if she will really use it. If it comes out that she can make pocket money with it is just cherry on top. But I will check Krita for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support said that all she have to do is to use her school email to register account on Adobe site and that is good enough to prove that she is student. So .edu email address is enough.

They also confirmed that Personal Photography and Student Photography licences are same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines