• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish a Project

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly new to using Captivate and have a question regarding the Skin. When I publish my project I get mulitple files in a folder including the actual demo/training, full motion files and the skin file. I am setting up an e-learning site and when I import the actual demo file, it will play without issue, but the problem is the controls to pause, rewind, go back, etc are not displayed.

My question is, do I need to merge the skin file with the demo, upload both, or something completely different? Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks - Joel
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Joel

Sounds as though you are linking to or opening the wrong file. Note that you should have a file ending in .HTM among your mix of files. That's the file you need to open or point your users to. Just make sure all files are in the same folder.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Sharepoint site as the spot for the users to access the demos/training. What all do I need to upload to this site so that the files work properly when they click on them?

I loaded the .htm file you suggested then clicked on it and nothing happens. The screen just goes blank.

I am creating everything on my computer then loading on the site. Must I load everything from the folder created when I publish to the site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Captivate output is a bit like a house of cards. I'm not sure we know which version you are using so I'll use Captivate 3 to illustrate.

With Captivate 3 you normally end up with multiple files if you are Publishing to SWF format. I'll assume you named the project MainMovie. In this case, you may end up with the following files in the folder.

* MainMovie.SWF
* MainMovie_skin.SWF
* MainMovie.HTM
* standard.js

You may also see a couple of other files.
* breeze-manifest.xml
* MainMovie_BDMetadata.xml

The two files above would be created if you had the option for publishing Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro Metadata enabled.

You may also see some full motion files and possibly other SWF files if you used a few animations.

Essentially, you want to take ALL the output files and place them on your server. You then point at the HTM file.

HTM file loads and seeks the standard.js file. If it's not there, things just stop dead in their tracks. Assuming the standard.js is found, the MainMovie_skin.SWF loads up. The skin file then loads the MainMovie.SWF file. As the movie plays, any other SWF files are loaded when they are needed.

Hopefully that helps better explain it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I'm using Captivate 3 and when I open the .HTM file for my project, the file opens blank. The Captivate skin appears, but my eLearning module does not open. The folder for the project contains all of the files you listed in your post. I have the standard.js, the htm file, the swf file, swf skin file and three full motion files.

While trying to troubleshoot my problem, I discovered that if I separated out the lessons of my eLearning into individual Captivate files and published the .HTM they opened and ran with no problems. This is not a viable solution, since I need all of the lessons combined into one file. For some reason when the lessons are combined into one file, the published HTM file will not display. Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks
Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Heather

Based on what you have told me in your post I can't see any obvious issue. However, it isn't working for you and that certainly means something is amiss.

Where are you testing from? Local disk, network drive, web server?
Are you clicking the View Output button to test or are you locating the file and double clicking it?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick,

I've published and tested the file from a local drive and network drive. Both locations have the same issue when launching the file. I have accessed the file by clicking the View Output button and by double clicking the actual htm file. Again, both means of opening the file have resulted in the same issue. Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help
Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

-Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources