• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

screwed up processing in raw; can preset be applied in Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I processed a batch of images in Raw where I applied a camera/color profile from a color checker passport. I forgot, stupidly, to apply my standard custom preset. After completely working over my images in Photoshop, I realized that they really are a bit off because of this. Is there anyway to make this change, other than completely starting over? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

In ACR if you Hole the shift key down you will see the open Image button change into an Open Object button.  You can also set your ACR Workflow default to open object.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Processed files are they layersd files with your RAW files opened as a smart object layer bottom layer?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bottom layer is just the background; I didn't know the RAW file could be opened as a smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ACR if you Hole the shift key down you will see the open Image button change into an Open Object button.  You can also set your ACR Workflow default to open object.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, thanks, JJMack!

Then I can always re-edit it in RAW?

As for now...the only difference in my presets is in the contrast and black levels.

Are the values equivalent in Photoshop, so I could try making tweaks there? Not sure how to interpret "black".

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines