Exit

Importing projects issue

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Minor backstory, can skip.

So i get the feeling from looking at the forum that i'm not the only one have some issues with Premiere 18 but this is an issue i haven't seen discussed so wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on it.

It seems importing projects through the dynamic link system doesn't work anymore so if your needing to merge a project/sequence you need to use an XML or open the project in a new window and copy paste the sequence to the other project. Both come with their owns issues but i'm having a weird one with the latter.

!Actual Issue!

When i copy and paste a sequence into a new project, all the bins and footage carry over and work, but when you try to reveal the clip in media browser it isn't there. In fact all my bins are empty but if i delete them the clips in the sequence disappear. So the clips seem to be invisible within my project and i cant access them.

I've tried;

restarting premiere and computer,

Making a search bin for clips,

Copying the sequence into a new project (through the copy paste sequence method and dynamic link),

deleting cache files,

delteting render files,

reinstalling premiere and resetting all preferences,

Open the project on different computers both Mac and PC,

So far none of these have fixed the issue. Im aware that i can use an XML to get the sequence and clips over but for what i need to do this method isn't really applicable or efficient.

Any ideas / similar problems ?

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you try to reveal the clip in media browser

I'm not seeing that capability at all.  There's Reveal In Explorer, or in Bin, but not in Media Browser.  To the best of my knowledge, this has never been a feature of PP.

Having said that, there is a bug with XML import in 2018.  The normal process of Dynamic Link should still work, though.  If it's not for you, something is wrong with your install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew i should of type checked before submitting. i mean 'reveal in project'

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 15.53.24.png

as a side note, when i click 'reveal in finder' the clips are where they should be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, that's the XML bug you're running into.

The normal process of importing other projects through Media Browser does still work, though.  Try solving that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines