• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change settings for multiple core and threads?

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering what settings I need to change for multi-core and multi-thread performance? I remember reading somewhere or watching a video in the past, where it said Premiere Pro is set up to only use single core by default unless you change something in the settings. I cannot locate the source of the article/video anymore. I've searched everywhere. Would appreciate if someone could help me out. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

There's never been such a setting.  There isn't now.  Premiere Pro will, by default, use all available resources on a system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's never been such a setting.  There isn't now.  Premiere Pro will, by default, use all available resources on a system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, great. I have no idea where I got the idea that this was a change that had to be made in the setting... I didn't have a computer that had multiple cores in the past when I read that imaginary article... I just remember thinking I'd cross that bridge when I got there, which I did - just got a new computer. But I guess I might've conflated it with something else.

Thank you for clearing that up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On PC, you can do the oposite, you can allow Premiere Pro to use a certain amount of processors if for any reason you want to keep some to others applications. As Simon says, Premiere will use all availables CPU and Cores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can allow Premiere Pro to use a certain amount of processors

If so, it's done outside of PP.  There's no such user setting within PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines