Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC "access token is expired"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroomaccesstokenerror.png

For the past week or so, I've been getting the above error every time I open Lightroom. I wasn't having this issue a few weeks ago and I'm not getting this error with any other CC programs. I've tried signing out and then in again but it didn't resolve the issue.

Running a Windows 10 (Home) PC.

Appreciate any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Riggy75,

Sorry that you're getting the error "Access token expired" when you open Lightroom CC.

Are you running the latest version 1.2 that was released last week? https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-lightroom-cc-2018-02/

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. I just checked and yes, it's showing version 1.2. I also just double-checked the CC app to see if I had missed an update but it's showing Lightroom CC as up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend you to try the following steps:-

• Close Lightroom .
  • Quit the Creative Cloud App.
  • Open the task manager/ Activity monitor and kiil the Lightroom CC task open in the background
  • Restart the computer and check.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed those steps. Still getting the error.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer the suggestions mentioned here: Lightroom CC: Token expiry | Photoshop Family Customer Community and let us know if that helps.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as well. /:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry that you're getting this error. The problem has been identified and our Engineering team is working on it.

Request for your co-operation and support while we're working on it.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any updates as I haven't been able to login for over a week now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also have this problem for more than a month...

What is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp, think I'm just gonna cancel my subscription till the problem resolves... No use of me paying for something I can't access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trangkwil, nataliea49770872 and Riggy75,

Sorry about the delay in my response.

We are wondering if any of you are using a virtualized environment?

We'd need some help from you in order to better diagnose the issue. Could you please provide us with a PDApp.log file that will help better diagnose the above problem? Refer this article Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files  for instructions to get to the file.

You can just follow Step 1 in that anchor link and attach the file to an email.

If each of you can email me at akasshar [at] adobe [dot] com with that file, we'll pass it on to our Engineering team to look into.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. I was told by Adobe help to contact Microsoft as it was an issue with the Hosts file located in the etc. file. After 6 hours many time talking with Microsoft, they simply created a new profile in Windows and it works. Unfortunately, they couldn't update the Hosts file (they told me to download Windows 10 again, I did, and no difference.)

Creating a new profile creates additional issues. I now have two profiles, duplicate files, and I will have to reload my entire photo content of hundreds of thousands of pictures back into Lr Classic (my original program, I wanted to use Lr CC to share across various other hardware such as tablet and phone). It is taking over 6 hours to reload the pictures, plus I still have lots of content on my original Windows profile that aren't duplicated on the second profile, not to mention the duplications of files and the space it takes up.

Adobe, please fix this issue!

Akash? anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi geoffg16138791,

We're sorry to hear about this. Please read my last response and send the PdApp.log file my way so that we may forward it to the concerned team.

If creating a new user profile has worked for you, it is definitely a step forward. You may refer this article Migrate User Accounts (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs for detailed information on user account migration in Windows. If that works, working on removing duplicates will be easier from there on-wards.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i HAVE THE SAME TOKEN EXPIRED PROBLEM

After 14 hrs of virtual on screen support still no solution.

last person i dealt with was supposed to send me an email to respond to if I have the problem and I never received that.

Image editing workflow is a mess, what do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue as everyone else with the desktop app. My mobile app is working perfectly. Can you pldease help us out here? This has been going on for a month now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been fighting this battle for months.  Sometimes I can get it to work.  Oddly, starting another app like Photoshop sometimes seems to make it work.  Or maybe that is just chance.  The last couple days, I cannot get it to work at all. I have several thousand images out there and clients waiting and a deadline almost here. 

Adobe help could not figure this one out, collected the logs and escalated it to senior level.  That is another 2-4 day wait.  I hate to drop Adobe, it used to be so good.  But this is not acceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three months after my original post and two months after sending the email as requested, this is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do contact Adobe directly, if you have not.  My support experience frankly was not very good, and Adobe finally just evaporated from communication on the issue--however, inexplicably, little by little the problem diminished and has now gone away--all but one small problem I can live with. 

I know this message may not give help, but it gives hope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, just the last couple of days.  I can't use Lightroom CC at all.  I have the latest version, and latest version of Windows 10. "Your Access Token is Expired", happens every time - forces me to sign out, restarts the application, sign in, get the same dialogue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was still having this issue this week. I had to uninstall and re-install Lightroom CC in order to use the app again. Not an ideal solution, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and still no solution. Nothing worked. Very annoying!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Just downloaded Lightroom CC (1.3) on my Windows 10 Dell Laptop for the first time for a trial run to see if I would like to use it. And was excited to see how it all works, and I can't even use it. Very upset and frustrated due to the fact that my trail period is only 14 days long and I've wasted the first 5 hours trying to fix it. I've read a million on these forums and nothing is helping. It's like you guys don't want my business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines