• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign won't show an open any file and the tools & windows are gone

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I used to have this problem intermittently but I could always fix it by restarting InDesign. Not this time...

When I open InDesign, all I get is the menu on top. All the other tools and windows normally open aren't there either. Notice below:

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 12.49.54 PM.png

And any file I open won't show even though you can see a temporary file open right by the file within the Finder, as if it's open, and when I go to quit again, it asks me if I want to save even though it never showed the document within InDesign:

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 12.55.42 PM.png

I reset the preferences, I restarted InDesign, restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign from Adobe CC. It's still doing it.

Notice it's not only when I open a file, it's happening even when I just open InDesign before I open a file. And it does it no matter what file I open.

Also, I just erased, reinitialized and reinstalled everything on my computer last weekend. This started today. I've been using Indd all week.

This looks like a bug and I submitted a bug report this morning.

This is my lifeblood for work. I'm dead in the water. Can anyone help, please? Thank you in advance.

~Marianne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH, I'm on a Mac if that wasn't obvious from the screenshots above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you reset prefs?

Two techniques outlined here:

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

And a more powerful one outlined here:

CC 2018 InDesign—Don't Import previous settings and preferences

(Note that this last one will delete saved workspaces, saved Find/change queries, etc.)

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I did the first method. I may have boiled it down to a font conflict issue. I removed all the fonts except for a few essentials and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. Glad you got it figured out.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines