Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to see the CC apps utilize the "full size" window on Mac OS -- meaning they occupy their own desktop. I use a one-monitor setup and the desktop feature where you can swap between desktops with the Control + (arrow key) shortcuts. It's awesome and fast. Software like Chrome, Spotify, and Finder automatically occupy their own desktop when made full-screen. But Adobe apps... disappointingly, no!

I find that because the Adobe apps don't occupy their own desktop, I start getting messy with software hiding under them on a common desktop. Not a fan. I like to be able to quickly scroll between my open programs.

What do you think? Do you use desktops and Adobe? Would your workflow be improved if Adobe apps could occupy their own desktop?

Thanks all !

[Moved out of the LiveCycle General Discussion forum into a Creative Cloud forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at least some already offer fullscreen mode.  click view>screen mode (if it's offered).

if it's not available for your favorite(s), Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop full screen -- ONLY available with a document open, doesn't allow for switching between open photoshop documents, doesn't open in a new desktop (occupies the current desktop)

InDesign full screen -- Non-functional "fullscreen" option?! Nothing happens when I click on this. I'm up to date. Is it just me...? Full screen preview mode doesn't allow you to work in the document. Full screen option not available to click on without a document open.

Illustrator - NO full screen feature.

Adobe is not prioritizing developing for Mac OS desktops--if it was, clicking the "maximize" button would automatically assign the software to its own desktop as a full screen.

Because there is no full screen, or the full screen mode is only available with a document open (photoshop), If you're using a desktop workflow, this means every time you close your documents the partial screen software will hop on to a different desktop rather than maintaining its position as its own desktop.

Surprised this is not yet a feature! Why am I paying for a subscription, again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a daily frustration for me that Photoshop in particular doesn't play nicely with the Mac’s multiple desktops. Even when a single document is opened in full screen mode it still masks the current desktop instead of being given its own. The technology is baked into Mac OS and it baffles me why such a useful feature isn't taken advantage of. Dear Adobe, please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still the same. It's been this way for numerous years. I drag Illustrator or PS off to another desktop when I have to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere CC would really benefit from it, with every pixel of screen height a valuable space for controls and screaming light OS UI elements. Lightroom gets it but not Premiere? Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoys the life out of me too! PS & PP all on the same desktop..... when fast switching (Command tab)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I totally agree, its so annoying have to minimise illustrator, maximise photoshop a million times a day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines