• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Edit In Elements from LR Classic

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set it up in preferences, but whether I used a TIFF, JPG or PSD, I would get an error message to the effect that Elements could not process that type of file. Is there some issue for older versions of Elements?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

The program to set as an External Editor must be the {Adobe Photoshop Elements EDITOR.exe   or  .app}

A link to explain better than I can-

https://lightroomkillertips.com/the-secret-to-getting-photoshop-elements-to-work-with-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not very familiar with Elements. But am I correct that it is not capable of not handling 16-bit images? And, could that be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 8-bit images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Elements are you using?

And what version of LR are you using?

Is Elements listed at the Top of the Edit In menu options or have you used the secondary section of the External Editing tab to define Elements as an external editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the secondary section . . . PS CC is the primary editor. Does it matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kenlezin  wrote

Using the secondary section . . . PS CC is the primary editor. Does it matter?

I'm not that familiar with Elements either but when you defined Elements what .exe or .app did you use. IIRC there are a couple that could be used as I think each part of the Elements program are separate programs that can be called up.

Also if you have a subscription to the Photographers plan then you have the real PS. Why are you using Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 15

Lightroom Classic 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program to set as an External Editor must be the {Adobe Photoshop Elements EDITOR.exe   or  .app}

A link to explain better than I can-

https://lightroomkillertips.com/the-secret-to-getting-photoshop-elements-to-work-with-lightroom/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines