• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not allow selection of multiple photos in start workspace.

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When starting a project from the start workspace, I am unable to select multiple images. Through research it seems that the action should normally be preformed by holding down the (Shift) key and clicking on the image.  Though when I click the first picture I would like to select it opens immedietly instead of just being highlighted and remaining in the start workspace to select the other images.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

You need to use Ctrl+O open file in the file selection  dialog you can select more than one file using the shift or Ctrl modifier key. I think I remember seeing a script posted that lets you select more than one file to open in the recent file list. its years old. I found it Adobe Photoshop Scripts | Trevor Morris Photographics

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use Ctrl+O open file in the file selection  dialog you can select more than one file using the shift or Ctrl modifier key. I think I remember seeing a script posted that lets you select more than one file to open in the recent file list. its years old. I found it Adobe Photoshop Scripts | Trevor Morris Photographics

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not possible to select and open multiple images in the Start workspace.  The intent of the Start workspace is to get you into one of your last recent files as quickly as possible, so the first click on an image opens it immediately.  In cases where you can select multiple items, there is usually a secondary "do it" button of some sort.  You make your selection(s) and then click the "do it" button, which means multiple clicks.  We didn't want to require multiple clicks and that's why the first click causes open to occur.

The best that can be done is to follow the advice of JJMack.  We will take your request under advisement.

Mark VerMurlen

Adobe Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would really like to see this feature incorporated into the start workspace.

I'm sure many users work on projects with multiple files, and while I would like to see a "projects" smart-sorting/filter option added alongside "work" and "learn," having the ability to open multiple files from the start workspace would be really useful.

If you want to retain the "one-click" nature/functionality of the start workspace, why not implement a simple shift modifier? Clicking on a recent file thumbnail will open it immediately, while holding shift when clicking would allow multiple selections.

edit:

Additionally, it seems as if the functionality to open multiple files is already there. I have had times where it seems to "hang" loading the clicked file and in that time I am able to click multiple files and it will then open all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines