Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to install Elements 15

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, 64 bit

Install fails.  Indicates a problem with the Adobe Application Manager.  I have tried CCleaner and Cloud Cleaner.

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Have you tried downloading/installing the latest application manager?

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

It is the same one for elements and Photoshop CC - I once had a problem when they both tried to do an update.

Are you installing from DVD or download?

Is there any error message?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing from a DVD.  Following your advice I downloaded the Adobe Application Manager.  Extracted to a folder on my desktop.  Clicked the setup exe.  It ran a progress bar indicating that it was updating, but did not show any other dialog boxes.  I does not show up in the programs list.  I tried to install Elements again, and it quits at 99%. citing the Application Manager having stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The application manager does not show in the application list as you don't directly run it.

The only indication that the application manager has installed is that the dialog box disappears.

Do you have creative Cloud running on your system?

Have you tried the download version?

Download Photoshop Elements | 2018, 15, and 14

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Please download and install the latest Adobe Application manager, This should resolve your issue.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the installer quits at 99%, do you see any error screen stating that installation failed, or does the installer simply crashes and do nothing?

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have creative cloud.  The error screen says the Adobe Application Manager has stopped working.  I uninstalled the previous Elements installation attempt.  Ran the Adobe cloud cleaner. Ran CCleaner. Installed new Application Manager, and tried Elements install again with same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sp when you try to install and you see the error message of Adobe Application Manager being crashed, then are you able to launch the product or see a desktop shortcut being created?

If this is the case then it is quite possible that your product Elements was installed successfully, but only have issues with the Adobe Application manager.

Could you see if you are able to see the desktop shortcut for Elements that you are installing?

In case if you dont see the desktop icon being created, could check if you can see PhotoshopEditor.exe on the below location:

C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\<PhotoshopElements\PreimiereElements>

If yes, please try to launch the product from there and if launched, create a desktop shortcut and see if you are able to the use the product as expected?

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  No PhotoshopEditor.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see PhotoshopElementsEditor on the same location?

Please refer to the below screenshot:

pseexe.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no editor... nothing really.  Here is a screenshot of the folder.   http://prntscr.com/ir5gs0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would not be able to see the files on the folder navigator in the left panel that is in the screenshot, only the folders are visible from here.

Could you please open the PhotoshopElements15 folder and then search for PhotoshopElementsEditor file and try to launch the app from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the whole install procedure again and this time there was an Adobe Photoshop Elements 15.0.exe.  When I double click on it nothing happens.

Here is an expanded screenshot...  http://prntscr.com/iscq18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing in Windows Safe Mode and was given this error summary:

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF012 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

----------- Payload: Elements 15 Organizer(64 bit) 15.0.0.0 {BC3412AF-B3F3-4E4F-910F-814E6C591F23} -----------

ERROR: DF012: Unable to locate file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\adobeTemp\{BC3412AF-B3F3-4E4F-910F-814E6C591F23}\_1_b723e348d1d2ad036d124253a87a9716"(Seq 2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

What you are pointing to in your screenshot is the Welcome screen.

Try going to the following folder: -

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 15

There, look for the following file (the editor) and see if that launches: -

PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

[note - no spaces if the name]

What anti-virus program do you use?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it installed now. Disabled my firewall and protection.  Thanx for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrew,

Glad to see you are OK now.

Please tell us which anti-virus/firewall you are using as it may help others in the future.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines