• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer fabric from one item and cover a leather item ?

Participant ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Two chairs for example, one in a red fabric and another in a black leather, how can one turn the leather chair into the red fabric ?

They are photographed at different angles a bit and slightly different designs.

I have tried the rectangle selection then create a custom pattern but any imperfection in the matching edges sees a repeat pattern become obvious, and anyway there is no flat view of this fabric. It has to go round curves etc.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you post the two images?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

here are portions.

leather.jpg

cloth.jpg

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here are the two images as requested, images in my last post, so is it possible ?

Cheers

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not easy but you may be able to get something convincing by using a layer mask for each chair section then unlinking the mask from the new material image (by clicking the link symbol between the mask and the image)  and then using transform >distort to transform the material into place for each section (unlinking means the mask does not transform with the image).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not done that before so will try it.

I have to mask a section of the chair, unlink it , then my fav tool transform>distort to get it to the shape of the recipient leather chair, do I then trim off excess or do I do this using a pre made selection of the area receiving the fabric and how do I get this into the selection ?

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

The mask covers the excess so no need for trimming. By unlinking the mask only the image transforms. The visible area remains in the same shape and position.

So in my previous example each layer contained the whole cloth chair but the masks were different, based on sections of the leather chair, and the transforms were different to fill the masked section.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines