• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Client says my TIF file is "Striped" so it won't load.

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created artwork in InDesign for a newsletter of sorts that goes into a utility company's monthly bill packet. It used to be black only - now they are doing it in color. They print the newsletter using some system called "Dialogue" and they only accept TIF files. I save my Indesign page as an EPS, open in PSD and save as CMYK TIF as they requested. My Tifs were fine when it was black only - but when I send my color Tif page to them they say it won't load because Dialogue says it is "Striped". Now I don't mean there is a physical stripe in the file or anything like that - its an error about the way the TIF was saved I guess. Ive searched high and low and I don't have a clue how to remedy this and neither do they.

Help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Hi

See this answer from an Adobe engineer. Saving as strip format is not an error , just the way Photoshop saves files.

TIFF format: strip vs tile

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know. You have not provided even a link to whatever obscure system they use, so nobody can look it up to check requirements. In fact chances are that the system doesn't support CMYK to begin with. Why should any CRM/ billing system even do so? Either way, we can't help you without something more tangible. If the company doesn't even know what they need and are totally clueless, there seems little point in guessing around here on this forum.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium, I haven't provided a link because I don't have any more information than what they provided and what I passed on here in hopes that someone in the community would have an idea of what they are talking about. I need to exhaust every avenue of trying to figure out the problem before going back to them and telling them its their problem and possibly losing the account  i've had for over ten years. I tried searching for "Dialogue" and printing online but found nothing. Thanks for the attitude though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

See this answer from an Adobe engineer. Saving as strip format is not an error , just the way Photoshop saves files.

TIFF format: strip vs tile

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be caught between a rock and a hard place. You are saving a TIFF with the industry standard software, which uses best practice, and it's being rejected; but you aren't dealing directly with someone who can tell you what to do. If it were me, I would send a message like this:

Thank you for your explanation that my TIFF file is striped. Unfortunately, although I am using industry standard Photoshop software, I am told that it will always save striped files. I wonder if you could let me know suitable settings or software to save graphics for use with your system? I believe you use Tripolis Dialogue, but I cannot find any advice what to do on the Tripolis web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place - and I agree with your advice, which I was going to do after exhausting all possibilities of finding a solution. If Photoshop always saves stripped files then that leads me to a possible solution of finding another way of saving the TIF for this one application. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines