• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Type: Adobe Photoshop Image.18

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CC.  Recently I've been creating videos (or using that feature in the Motion Workspace).  The files I've rendered are showing up as file type "Adobe Photoshop Image.18". 

Please tell me how / where  I may find information about this file format.  What is is, when was it introduced, etc? 

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Windows or Mac?

How to Open 18 Files - File Extension 18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a typo. Do you have other Motion files that are saved in Motion's normal format (MOT.N)? Motion doesn't have an Adobe Image.18  file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "This is a typo".  I didn't type anything

Every file I save  when preparing files for animation in the Motion workspace   - even though I am in Photoshop -  the file has the following under the File Type column:  Adobe Photoshop Image.18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

post a screen shot from within Photoshop of your File > Save As pull down menu with this file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My photoshop files also save as "Photoshop image.18" at work. Can anyone tell me what that extension is? Does it have something to do with updates? I hope you can enlighten me!

(EDIT: I checked at home and my .psd files are "Adobe Photoshop image.19" files)

Here are a few screenshots (My work computer is in French, sorry for the inconvenient.)

So, the first screenshot below is when I save a new document. As you can see, I selected "Photoshop" file in the droplist, but as the second screenshot shows, the new document saved as "Photoshop Image.18"

Screenshot 2.jpg

Screenshot 4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.17, .18 & .19 are extensions from IBM. (IBM Voice Type Languages Scripts Data) I think there is a virus on your computer. Maybe you have virus or ransomware. I found this online that talks about Blank Ransomware. It says it can change extensions so this may be what you have on your system or something like this. Clean your system. This has to be a system issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rất tốt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thiis is what I saw before clicking on this thread.  Something is not adding up here. 😉

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Photoshop Image.18 signifies the version of Photoshop that is set to open Photoshop psd files.

For example, the current Photoshop 2024 would be Adobe Photoshop Image.25

Screenshot-(1202).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines