• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz not reporting correct or incorrect

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded a quiz using the gift format and am only seeing the correct or incorrect object state pop up for some questions and not all.

Is there anything else I can check to make sure it's turned on? I have never bumped into this problem when manually creating quiz so not sure if it's because i uploaded from gift format.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

The reason I set up a Quizzing workspace is due to Advanced Answer option and partial scoring/penalty (with Propeties panel in the left docking station and Quiz Properites in the right docking station). To see Advanced Answer option you need select an answer contgainer, go into the Properties panel and you'll see the option Advanced Answer there. It is the same in 9 and 2017:

AdvAnswer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see any consistency like which type of questions? I use GIFT as well, diidn't have such an experience yet. Maybe post a screensot of the GIF text for those problem questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually thought it was just questions with multiple answers then realized it's some true/false as well. I did notice it tried to set my feedback answers in a different area at first instead of through the incorrect object shape. So i deleted the answer feedback. I had never seen that before. I currently have simple gift format for example:

question

{

~%25%answer1

#the correctanswer is1

~%25%answer2

#the correctanswer is1

~%25%answer3

#the correctanswer is1

~%25%answer4

#the correctanswer is1

}

question

{

=True

~False

#correct answer is True

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you might find this link helpful from moodle docs on how to format GIFT format Questions. It will give you an understanding of how to format the questions to import using the GIFT import in Captivate.

https://docs.moodle.org/23/en/GIFT_format

I give this reference to students in my Captivate classes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, yes I did come across this link but still dont' see why my questions aren't re-mediating correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clarity what do you mean by remediating. Are you referring to what actually gets loaded in the question slide when the content is imported.

Here's what I notice is that in your first example above, the first multiple choice question shows that the correct answer is 1 so this should be denoted by an = not a ~. = is used to denote the correct answer in a single answer correct multiple choice question.

You indicate you have noted answers in the upper right of the slide. You have discovered the feature I like in Captivate which is can have Advanced Answers to each of the radio buttons or check boxes in a MC Question, not the general response you get with the Submit button.

The "#correct answer is 1" is used by Captivate to create a Advanced Answer Option  > Show Feedback Message response to each of the answer buttons as an advanced response. So you will see individual response in the upper right of the slide not in the default response that you get with the submit button. (These Advanced Answers are not written in the canned response area in the Question slide.)

If you delete the individual Advanced Answers then Captivate uses the canned response Incorrect press y or click anywhere to continue.  I personally like the individual Advanced Answer Option in multiple choice because you write a custom answer in each of the # entries.

What the %25% percent is doing is setting the question to say that all questions are acceptable. The ~ would be in front of the answers indicating they are all correct. This would mean that all responses could be selected. It telling Captivate to check all buttons as being correct - (Captivate term - Multiple responses) I don't really think that is want if you only want one answer correct.

The True False looks fine. Again it will generate an Advanced Answer Option >  Feedback Message in the top right corner of the slide because you are saying #correct answer is true. Again you can delete it and get the canned submit message.

Just for clarity if you use the Advance Answer you don't get the canned response when you submit. If you delete the Advanced Answer Feedback Message you get the canned Correct or Incorrect when you submit. 

Keep working at it. I find this is one of the most useful features in Captivate. When I work with clients this is one of those tasks I hand off the client SME's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small correction.

Captivate offers Advanced Answer Option for each answer in a Multiple Choice (radio button array) quiz question, but NOT for each answer in a Multiple Answer (checkbox array) quiz question.

If you check the box for Multiple Answer under the Quiz question tab to make it a check box array, then the option for Advanced Answer Option disappears for any selected answer option in the question.  To my knowledge, adding questions to Captivate via GIFT doesn't change this limitation.  Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

When you DO have Advanced Answer Option selected for a given answer, it adds the ability to execute an Advanced Action when the learner selects that particular answer.  But if you want separate feedback, you need to ALSO select the option for Show Feedback Message, then that particular answer also gets its own separate feedback caption.  These appear by default in the upper right corner of the screen, but you can easily move them anywhere you want on screen.  And since they are also Smart Shapes, you can change them from the default rectangle to any other type of shape you want. ( e.g. a callout shape).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes a lot more sense. What I had done was delete the Advanced Answer Option but never thought I had to activate Show Feedback message, I think this is why i wasn't getting my incorrect or correct feedback?

I can't seem to find these options though in Captivate 9 to manually activate or deactivate. Where exactly are they located?

I actually wasn't aware of the Advanced Answer Option until seeing it now by uploading quiz through GIFT format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I set up a Quizzing workspace is due to Advanced Answer option and partial scoring/penalty (with Propeties panel in the left docking station and Quiz Properites in the right docking station). To see Advanced Answer option you need select an answer contgainer, go into the Properties panel and you'll see the option Advanced Answer there. It is the same in 9 and 2017:

AdvAnswer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any of those options on mine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it a MCQ with only ONE correct answer? That is the only type providing Advanced Answer options. They exist for scored question slides and for KC slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but Advanced Answer Option only works for MCQ with ONE correct answer. The example in the GIFT screenshot is a MCQ with multiple correct answers and partial scoring on.  No advanced answer functionalkity is possible.

Alll answers are correct in that MCQ, strange.

There is a syntax bug in the T/F text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thing that I just noticed is that your True False question as written will work as a two button MC once you have added the #correct answer is true.  True False questions don't have the Advanced Answer Option when you insert them in Captivate using Captivate Quiz menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources