Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad quality video premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am editing an existing video but after exporting it the quality is lower than the original one and there are black stripes on top of the video (there are no black stripes on the original one, I guess the stripes come when the dimension is different).

I checked the sequence setting and they have the same settings: 25 fps, sequence: 1280x720, 4410oHz - Stereo.

So why the video is not the same? I exported it also in high quality.

I attached the screenshot of the 2 settings. The image on the left is the original video and the image on the right is my editing video

issue.jpg

Please help ,  thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least the source footage seems to match the sequence settings.

But, in order for us to help you out, we need to know how you export out the footage.

Please share those details as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the fisrt thing is not to show us the settings of your sequence, but the settings of your exported media. If you put your exported media in the same sequence as the original and your export has a problem of size you will see letter box stripes or pillar box stripes. In the export tab, use the match setting button or verify carefully your export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, now that I clicked on match sequence setting, the video seems to be in full screen without black stripes but now the problem is that it export it in mpeg format (see screenshot) and i can't open it. How can I export it in mp4? Also because I need the file in mp4. thanks

issue 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright I just downloaded mpeg software and now I am able to see the video and I solved the  problem. Thyank you! Just as information, can I anyway export it in mp4 from Premiere pro? The original video was in mp4 so don't know why it export it in mpeg. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use thsi settingScreenshot_1.png

If you want the best quality:
Screenshot_2.pngIncrease this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will do, just one question: Velocidad de destino in English is target bitrate or maximum bitrate? I don't know the right option to choose. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

export high quality.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried different options but more or less the quality is the same. Problem solved, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a misunderstanding from what I told you about Match settings. Don't use Match Sequence Settings , use Match source.

Match source is located in the Basic Video settings part of video tab in the export media window.

The match sequence settings will use the preview settings ( when you render a part of your timeline ). By default, it's mpeg.

If you want mp4. Just select H264 in the Format line at the very begining of the export window as Anna showed you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for a better quality you need to use a higher value

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you uploaded an image that says: Velocidad de destino at 7.1. I got 2 options in english premiere pro, I asked if is it target bitrate or maximum bitrate the translation. thanks. Should I put the value at the maximum or I leave it at 7.1? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines