• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need ammo for a smart talker - hard code vs Adobe Muse

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - so this isn't your typical post on a forum. Thankfully, I am not having any technical issues today with Muse.

BUT - I just had a "confrontation" with someone about using Muse to design websites. He was arguing that I shouldn't be charging as much as "real" web designers since I am "not even doing any hard coding."

I had to walk away - but I need ammo for a conversation that will likely take place in the very near future.

Also - out of curiosity, how much time does it typically take you to build out a fully responsive 15 page site? Do you charge by hour? Do you estimate a certain hour/page?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

I would say that firstly most customers do not want to pay for a custom/coded design. I use Muse a lot and never feel the need to tell clients that I am using Muse. An odd time I do and I refer to it as Adobe Muse or I say I will build the site using Adobe Software.

You will never win the argument if you are dealing with a "techie techie" in terms of "pure" coding.

If you design websites for your clients you are entitled to charge your own price.

Nearly everyone (speaking generally) uses templates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that firstly most customers do not want to pay for a custom/coded design. I use Muse a lot and never feel the need to tell clients that I am using Muse. An odd time I do and I refer to it as Adobe Muse or I say I will build the site using Adobe Software.

You will never win the argument if you are dealing with a "techie techie" in terms of "pure" coding.

If you design websites for your clients you are entitled to charge your own price.

Nearly everyone (speaking generally) uses templates these days, so I think it's absolutely fine.

You are designing a website for a client - believe me clients are not that interested in what tools you used - just the results.

In summary, I would avoid the confrontation and say to that person "maybe you are right,,,,, and leave it at that - you won't convince him otherwise!

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use and show "muse sites of the day" to just prove that muse "works" quite well.

https://musewidgets.com/collections/site-of-the-day

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will always get people like that, it’s fear more than anything. Designers are generally not coders and vice-versa. Muse gives designers the opportunity to put their skills directly to the web, rather than passing the design to a developer.

The same argument has happened with photography, digital art, cgi in filmmaking, etc. The point is whether the client is happy with your work, it doesn’t really matter how you got there.

/2c

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the support! I need to be better at shrugging those comments off. And I am going to take James advice and just walk away. Not the effort and time.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines