Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing metadata in Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently imported a set of photos (JPEG format) into LR. I am trying to change the digitised datetime, as well as remove information from the software tag. I can do both of these things using ExifToolGUI. However, these changes are not reflected in LR. Removing and then re-importing the photo doesn't make any difference, and neither does choosing to read metadata from file. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

I am trying to change the digitised datetime, as well as remove information from the software tag.

You can't do this with LR's built-in features.  However, the Capture Time To Exif plugin lets you change any metadata field. It uses ExifTool under the covers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change the digitised datetime, as well as remove information from the software tag.

You can't do this with LR's built-in features.  However, the Capture Time To Exif plugin lets you change any metadata field. It uses ExifTool under the covers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John. At first glance this appears to do the trick. I just need to play around with it a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines