Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop launches and then crashes on load

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just downloaded photoshop and has this issue come up, uninstalled thinking it was a corrupted install and the issue continues.  Here is what happens:

Photohshop launches -> I select either a tutorial from learn or start fresh -> PS looks like it is loading and then crashes after a spinning wheel appears.

Running this on a Surface Laptop, i7 16gb. 

Please help as I only have a couple days of trial left and would like to test the software before moving forward with a subscription.

Thanks,

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Any antivirus software running? If so, disable it while installing or running Photoshop.

There isn't any error message at all? Photoshop just closes?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the details in your crash report.

CC 2017 crash.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Error report... which is very strange.  Any idea what could be causing the crash?  Software launches and then when I got to open any project or tutorial is dies...

Really a bummer as this was my first time trying photoshop in a couple of years and the "Trial" is now almost over without being able to test is out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help here?  System does not seem to be logging any issues but the software does not successfully load still and I'm now out of a trial!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any antivirus software running? If so, disable it while installing or running Photoshop.

There isn't any error message at all? Photoshop just closes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the Anti-virus worked, strange that it must have been blocking a port... 

Any I think a while ago I clicked stop showing and just send the reports.  Would like to turn that off but all the instructions look to be for Mac solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue did not go away, something allowed the system to run once but that is it. Photoshop support claims to stop my graphics card and then try it but the main issue there is.. the intel iris 640 is the ONLY graphics card.

Photoshop does not even load now, it starts up and then crashes within 5 seconds.  Please help!

No crash report that I can find so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the CC Cleaner Tool yet?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

(Be sure to follow instructions to the letter. Also, be sure your antivirus is never running during all this.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines