• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text to Speech

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid to upgraded to Captivate 4 from 3 downloaded and installed it; downloaded and installed the NeoSpeechTM from Adobe. Captivate still says that text to speech voices not installed.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I paid to upgraded to Captivate 4 from 3 downloaded and installed it;
>downloaded and installed the NeoSpeechTM from Adobe. Captivate still says
>that text to speech voices not installed.

Suggestion: Contact tech support.

Steve

--
--
http://twitter.com/Stevehoward999

Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
European eLearning Summit - EeLS
Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
http://www.elearningsummit.eu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, cbratton

In addition to Steve's advice I might also ask a silly question. Have you restarted Captivate since installing the Text To Speech? Perhaps that's worth a try as well. If you haven't.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem, too. I loaded the Technical Communication Suite 2 (no upgrade from Captivate 3), and tried to download the voices. I think they are downloading OK, but I can't get Captivate 4 to install them so I can use them. Yes, I have restarted and no, it doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks very much. The tutorial provides the extra steps I needed to get the voices installed and working. It would be nice if Adobe would have included those extra steps with the download instructions.

Beth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been having a problem with the installation of the Text to Speech. As I see many people have had the same issue of downloading the

program but Captivate not recognizing it.

I saw you posted a link for another forum member directing them to some other steps for completing the installation. But I did not find any instructions.

I also saw two other forums: One stating that you should locate a VT folder in the Adobe Captivate program files and

Two stating you need to reinstall Captivate.

Please let me know what is the correct way to have Text to Speech work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm guessing you didn't actually watch the demo linked above? I say that because if you watched it, you realize there are two different installs. You visit the Adobe page and download the file. You install it and think you are done. But all you have done is install the installer file for TTS and the voices. You have to launch the second file to actually install TTS and the voices. Then you restart Captivate and it should work.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are quick. I will look into the demos again and hopefully will not need to get back to you.

Thanks

Steven Caban | Instructional Designer

American Red Cross

100 N Peartree Lane

Raleigh, NC

(919) 277-2804

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sorry but I am not certain what demo I should look at. I did not see

a link other than these.

I do not know which link contains the Demo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the link Rick is pointing to -

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/Tutorials/Captivate/TTS.htm

Hey Rick,

Nice Demo

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOH.png

Sorry Mukul, didn't see you standing there!

And thanks for the kind comments! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I appreciate your help with this. The demo was actually what I have been doing all along with the exception that when downloading Speech to Text I ran it directly to download instead of saving it then extracting the files.

The folder seems all the same from the demo. Still it continues to direct me to download even after running the speech to text, closing the download prompt and restarting the project.

I will reinstall the program but this time I will save then run the application.

I did notice that on another forum someone mentioned a VT folder which does not appear in my Adobe Captivate file folder.

Other than this I would be stuck.

Thanks for your help and hope you have some quick answer for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you follow the steps mentioned in the demo, VT folder will automatically get created in the Adobe Captivate file folder. Once you get this folder, Text to Speech will work for you. Just that do not forget to restart your Captivate Application once text to Speech is installed (as mentioned in demo)

Regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources