Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when browser is not full screen and landscape - video wont play full screen

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have my browser not in fullscreen mode open and I cant play the videos in fullscreen if the browser has a certain aspect - e.g. in portraitsize it wont and in landscape it is will play the video in full screen.

I have Muse 2018 and I had it workinng with Muse 2017.

It doesnt matter whether the videos are embedded vimeolinks or uploaded videofiles.

Any ideas which setting I might have missed?

thanks

Kind Regards

Andrea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andrea,

Does it happen in any specific device browsers or any browser you work on?

would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it?

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

it happens in firefox as well as in chrome.

while creating testfiles I realised that it isnt a version problem - rather a responsiveness thing.

I set up my project with 3 Layouts for Desktop 1920, 1366, 1280px - that is in the projectfile that keeps having the error.

The other one ony has 960px - so as soon I add another breakpoint, it keeps having the error.

here is the download link:

Muse Testfiles

Thank you for looking into that

Hope you can help me 🙂

Kind Regards

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andrea,

Thanks for sharing the file.

I have sent the same to our product team if they could find the bug and suggest any workaround.

Will update you accordingly.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ankush,

thank you. I figured out a workaround:

instead of having the same videofile across all breakpoints, I placed the file in one breakpoint and hid it in the others.

Even though it is the same video file I then copy the html object onto the next breakpoint and hide it again in the other breakpoints and so on.

With this setup, if the user has the browser too small and tries to get the video in fullscreen, will - at least, set the browser into fullscreen mode and from there the user can just click again onto video fullscreen button.

Before that, the monitor just went black for one second and then nothing happened.

Kind Regards

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arghhh but it this has the problem that it doesnt scroll down :-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aaand it actually doesnt play the video in fullscreen at all... so not really a workaround *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Something strange, because the file which you have provided works well in my Android whose screen width 5" inches.

I just uploaded it to a new business catalyst site - test

Can you also check this out and let me know how it goes?

Thanks,
Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ankush,

it isnt a matter with android - isnt it on mobile devices always in fullscreen?

If Im looking at it from my desktop pc - and this occurs if the browser is smaller than 1367px wide (see screenshot) (I have breakpoints in 1920px, 1366px and 1280px) - if I then try to make the video fullscreen (see red cross in pic), the monitos goes black and then returns to the way before and nothing else happens.

For example, If I look at a laptop that has the resolution 1366px and the browser is full screen, then no problem.

Muse_NotFullScreen.PNG

I had a look at the console in firefox, after trying to get the video in fullscreen:

Full screen mode was left because the full screen element was removed from the document. jquery-1.8.3.min.js: 2: 71980 
All candidates for the resource could not be loaded. Media store paused. index.html
All candidates for the resource could not be loaded. Media store paused.

Personally I have my browser fullscreen anyway, but when I tested the website with my colleagues I realised quite a few people have their browsers not fullscreen - thats when I came across this problem.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines