• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install CS5 on another computer without CD?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Photoshop CS5 on my Macbook a couple of years ago and I'm not looking to upgrade to CC but I would like to have CS5 on my new computer. The problem is, I've lost the Disk in the process of moving 3 times since then. Also, for some odd reason, it doesn't show up as registered anymore on Adobe's website although I am almost sure I registered it. Is there any way to transfer the program to another computer without the original disk?

-Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This will not be possible without the CD. Probably one of the reasons that Adobe started using the cloud.... aside from all the production and publishing costs, now I can login in from anyones computer download the app, login to use it and have access to all of my files, my Creative Cloud libraries and even my workspaces... all saved under my adobe ID. And I can download and use the application on two computers.

I personally have the Creative Cloud, but you can get the all new Photoshop CC 2018, AND Lightroom CC and Lightroom CC Classic, and Portfolio, and Adobe Spark with premium features ... for for $9.99 a MONTH!! And you also will have access to Lightroom Mobile and probably Photoshop Fix but don't quote me on the last two apps. All that for $10/month and you also get 20GB of storage, use of the new Libraries.....

Check it out!

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

hope that helps!

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you can download Photoshop CS5 from here

Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 products

Alas without the serial key and the fact that you can't find it in your Adobe account you could be out of luck

Find your serial number

You may need to contact Adobe Support

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS5 does not run well on anything after OS X 10.8, or maybe after 10.9, i forget exactly.  I wanted to run CS5 (an expensive purchase for sure) on my new MacBook Pro running 10.11 but there were issues.

On the plus side, CC 2018 does not require java to install.   It does however install 5 million background processes (exaggeration). 

It is definitely not supported by Adobe.    Try it out though, your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines