• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images with transparent background appear black in PS

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry if the answer is rather simple, but all my images with transparent backgrounds appear with a black background in Photoshop. I have saved my images as pngs, tifs, iffs, and still no transparent background appears. I have also loaded my images into After Effects and the images appear with a transparent background, so I know the images do have transparency, just can't get it to work in Photoshop.

My images that I have created with a transparent background with the same settings from a month ago do appear in PS with a transparent background. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I am rendering these images from Maya to composite in Photoshop. They work in After Effects, but not Photoshop. Any insight is much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM
  • example file
  • Photoshop System Info, etc
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you opening or placing the images in Photoshop? What does the layer panel thumbnail look like. Do you use Photoshop for any other types of images? Do you have other problems with the program? Can you take a screen capture of your full Photoshop workspace with one of the images open? Make sure to include the layer panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you checked your preferences, and made sure that the checkerboard pattern is selected for transparancy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines