Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create an image like this?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 9.04.47 PM.png

I have an image of an athlete that I would like to edit to make it like this one? Does anyone know how to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a layer above the athlete and fill it with red. Change the layer blend mode to ‘Color‘. That will make the photo look red, but you may also need to add some contrast to the image. You can add a levels or curves adjustment layer between the athlete and the red layer to adjust the constrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion, I dont need to make it red. I need to take a photo of an athlete and make it a detailed line drawing like this one. I tried image trace in illustrator, but I think this is something that needs to be done in photoshop. I have tried a few things but can't quite get it right. I need to be able to take the white lined drawing of the athlete and have it printed on t-shirts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider the Image> Adjustments >Posterize...2 levels and lighten the black end of the tonal scale.Then fill the surrounding image with solid color

red girl.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

3333.png

Another option is to use Levels to increase contrast, then Hue& Saturation command with colorize checked. Fill with red set to Color. Then Select the white surrounding the person and fill with red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines