• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Many problems with actions bought from Graphicriver....

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I bought a bunch of actions from Graphicriver, and i dont why but i always get errors when playing the actions.

Like :  "warning, no pixels are selected" , "Cant find make command" "Cant find selection command" etc etc...

This is getting really annoying as i followed every steps the creator of the action asks : name layer "brush",

the photo layer to be named "background" etc...every action is a little different.

Im running Photoshop CC 2018, any solutions for all this mess?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound like the action tried to make some kind of selection on the current document on some layer and no pixels were selected. Actions have dependencies they are  not magical. They are just recorded Photoshop steps.  Single step through the action  watch each step execute so you can see why the action failed on the current document. What was it depending on. An active layer the bottom layer a layer kind. What condition was not meet that the action need. Expand the action fully in the action palette read what the steps do. What does the document need to have? The type of error message you will get when some condition requires does not currently  exist is:  Command xxx not available or supported in this Photoshop version.  The problem is not in the Action the problem is the action should not have been used on the current document.

Without seeing the Document and Action and the current Photoshop state where you are getting the errors there is nothing we can write but what I wrote.   You should always read and action you get ones you do not create. Action can be very destructive and rune all you work by flatting your layers.  You should create you own actions so you know exactly how the work and are created for your workflow.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One issue I have found using actions from previous versions of Photoshop, especially old actions that pre-date the RAW era is the following.

• RAW files import from Lightroom as 16-bit files. This is a good thing, but
  • Many older downloaded actions were created to run on 8-bit files.
  • When you see the "Fade command not available" or some similar error regarding "command not available", this may be the problem.

To fix the issue:

1. Convert the file from 16-bit raw to 8-bit mode.  Image --> Mode --> 8-bits-channel
  2. To be safe: Make a snapshot of the file. (History panel bottom)
  3. Create a new document from the snapshot. (History Panel bottom)
  4. Run the action again in 8-bit mode & see if it works.

Why does this work?

Some commands are not available in 16-bit mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many filters do not support 16Bit color depth and all edit modes.  Most actions have some dependencies.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines