• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC Catalog

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to classic CC i made sure that classic cc was able to read my old catalog. when i unistalled the older lightroom I cant find my catalog.. pls help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018
  1. Do a search using your operating system's search feature, for all files on all disks whose name ends with .LRCAT
  2. If that doesn't work, then restore one of your recent catalog backups

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling the older Lightroom should not have removed any catalog. Did you manually remove any files yourself? The uninstall process should only have removed the program files. The catalog is a user file, and should have remained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Finder or Explorer and search your drive for "*.lrcat".  If that doesn't work, Lightroom should have been making backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige beat me by a minute!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Do a search using your operating system's search feature, for all files on all disks whose name ends with .LRCAT
  2. If that doesn't work, then restore one of your recent catalog backups

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

marks10600110  wrote

I recently upgraded to classic CC i made sure that classic cc was able to read my old catalog. when i unistalled the older lightroom I cant find my catalog.. pls help

LR Classic CC can not Read your old catalog. For LR Classic CC to use a catalog for any older version of LR it first makes a copy of the older catalog and then Upgrades that copy to work with the new version of LR.

That leaves your older catalog as it was. The Copying process adds a -2 to the edit of the catalog name (no matter what the catalog name was).

So you should have your old catalog someplace on your drive. That is unless you Renamed the catalog that LR Classic created to the same name from you older version of LR. Then more than likely the older catalog got overwritten.

As stated above do a search of your drive for .lrcat to see how many  LR catalog files are on your drive. You might even have some older backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines