• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Batch Edit

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to do something as simple as rotate multiple images but...

* Select All under the Edit menu is disabled.

* any changes made, regardless how many images are selected, only apply to the one on the preview frame.

Why does batch editing not work and, if there is a way, how do I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

You can vote here for the feature request:

Lightroom CC: Ability to copy/sync settings/adjustments across a group of photos | Photoshop Family Customer Community

The number of votes may help push it up the priority list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is the Lightroom CC forum (the cloud-based Lightroom) there is not a batch editing option available in that program at this time. There is no indication as to when/if that option will become available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.  The best feature of lightroom is being able to batch edit.  Applying the changes from one photo to several photos.  I don't understand why they wouldn't keep this feature in the new lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did "keep" batch editing in LR Classic. LR CC is all new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC is still young in terms of development. Over time you may see feature parity however there are trade-offs for the time being. In the meanwhile have you tried to copy and paste settings or work with a develop preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heathert33873506  wrote

This is ridiculous.  The best feature of lightroom is being able to batch edit.  Applying the changes from one photo to several photos.  I don't understand why they wouldn't keep this feature in the new lightroom.

I'll say this again. As I understand it, Lightroom CC is part of a system that is planned to have a consistent interface on the computer and ALL mobile devices. Anything that's available on one device (including the computer) is supposed to be available on ANY device. Lightroom CC is being developed from scratch, it is not a remake of the "old" Lightroom. It is intended for users who are on the go and want their images right now, on any device, and not having to think about how to use the Lightroom interface. So consistency is a key feature that it seems to me must be considered as features are added. When features are added, and what features are added, I'm sure have that consistency factor high in the priority list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can vote here for the feature request:

Lightroom CC: Ability to copy/sync settings/adjustments across a group of photos | Photoshop Family ...

The number of votes may help push it up the priority list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know I'm a little late with this, but I found I can use Bridge, do all the basic editing, camera and lens calibrations and key wording.  That will save the .xmp files and then import everything into Lightroom CC.

I simple use Bridge as the first step of the workflow now. 

Import with Bridge into staging area

Cull in Bridge

Perform basic edits, setting some defaults for Camera Raw

Key Word

Import into Lightroom CC

Delete originals from staging area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines