• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop distorts images when open

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I take a screenshot or save images from the web, click and drag the file to Photoshop, it sometimes opens the file and distorts it. It reminds me of when old tvs wouldn't show the image properly because of bad antenna signal lol. The image looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 4.20.58 PM.png

I have to close Photoshop and re-open it to see the image displayed correctly, so that's a clue that image is not corrupted. I'm not sure why Photoshop randomly reads my images this way and it becomes very annoying to have to quit and re-open the program.

Even the thumbnail appears distorted:

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 4.20.54 PM.png

I'd appreciate any help on what to do to fix this. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

You have not given any system info, however if you are on a Mac and using Photoshop CC2018  then update to version 19.1.2 which fixed an issue displaying PNGs

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not given any system info, however if you are on a Mac and using Photoshop CC2018  then update to version 19.1.2 which fixed an issue displaying PNGs

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies! I do have a Mac and I'm using Photoshop CC2018. I see the update so I'm going to update the app now I appreciate your response. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need for apologies - glad to help

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines