• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crazy fonts in adobe acrobat

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the Forums and found the answer below to the crazy fonts some of our users experience when opening some pdfs.

The computers are up to date and the release below says it's already installed, but the fonts are still showing crazy.

Does anyone has other suggestions?

Correct Answer by ashumittal on Nov 29, 2017 4:37 AM

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-ashu

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you provide us with more specifics such as which platform (Windows or MacOS), which version of Acrobat, what fonts are problematic and whether they are embedded in the PDF file or not, a screen shot, and a link to such problematic files, there isn't much that any of us can do to assist you.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  Here is one of the PCs having problems.  It's a Windows 10 Pro pc using Adobe Acrobat Standard DC.  Here are the details:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is 2018.009.20050.  You have version 2015, not updatable to 2018. It is for the continuous not the classic track. It fixes a problem introduced in a later version than you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another fix for this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you can't have the same issue I suggest you post full symptoms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same symptoms.  Font is crazy.  Please see image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really need to get the actual PDF. If you can share it publicly please put it on a web site. Is this definitely a sample file you shared - it seems not something you'd want to share with the world otherwise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can upload it to my dropbox.  How would I send you the link without posting the link on this public forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov Isaacs​, who posted earlier in this thread, is an Adobe employee, and may be able to help you with the confidential document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me a private message via the forums with the Dropbox link and I can look at the document and see whether we can figure out what is going on. And we will keep the document confidential here at Adobe.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Not sure how to send you a private message through here.  Would you please send instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll send you my e-mail address to you via your registered e-mail address!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. I can only give my time to public discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, good call Karl. Let's hope so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines