• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD File NOT Updating in Lightroom Classic - Sync Issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export my DNG file to Photoshop CC 2018 from LR Classic CC using the option  Post-processing > After Export > Open in Adobe Photoshop CC 2018  in the EXPORT BOX

Then PS opens and I edit the image and then I save the file and I close the PS. But That PSD file is not showing/updating LR...Could you help (Its there in the folder)

In my earlier version, it worked/updated properly.

If I select the folder and use "Synchronise Folder" it works .....otherwise its not updating

01. I changed in external editing to PSD

02. Maximised PSD compatibility to Always

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

I suggest you stop using the Export option and start using the Edit In function to send DNG files to PS from LR.

Once saved in PS it will return to LR in whatever file format you have chosen in the LR Preferences External Editing tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you stop using the Export option and start using the Edit In function to send DNG files to PS from LR.

Once saved in PS it will return to LR in whatever file format you have chosen in the LR Preferences External Editing tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the exact funtion you suggest, i.e. edit in, and still, most of the time the Photoshop updates to not update in Lightroom classic.  I have to re open in Photoshop and choose another name, then delete the old file.  A real mission.  Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Edits made in Photoshop do not show up in Lightroom.  Using "edit in" photoshop from LRC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines