• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import custom workspace into PS CC 2018

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with a very friendly guy from the Adobe Help Desk who spent two hours remotely accessing my laptop to get my Photoshop up and running again after it refused to start up after the latest update.

Everything works again, but I've lost my workspace.

I have a bootable backup drive, so I searched for the .psw file and found it.

I then directly copied this file into my Workspaces folder, hoping that after restarting PS I would be able to select it there. But alas.

Are there any other options for this .psw file?

My workspace file has a ton of custom settings, so I'd rather not start from scratch trying to re-create it.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

O, and I work on a MacBook Pro.

Thanks!

Marsel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

It's in this folder, or should be: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings/WorkSpaces

From the Finder menu: Go > Go to Folder and paste the above path in the dialog.

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 7.53.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marsel,

I use Windows and know nothing about Macs. But in Windows the workspace is available when put in the right folder.

Are you sure you found the correct folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ronald,

Well, I thought I had found the right folder, and I'm pretty sure it is, but it doesn't work. The folder is called 'workspaces' and is in the Photoshop CC 2018 preferences folder. In there, there's another workspace called 'essentials' and 'photography', and they also have the .psw extension.

I can't find any information on this issue on the internet, so I thought I'd try here.

Thanks.

Marsel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would go to Edit menu > Presets > Import/Export Presets and choose the folder you put the Workspace in, then select the workspace you want. Since customized workspaces are user-account specific, you would not manually place them in the main Photoshop folder. Here's my example. I run CC 2018 under MacOS 10.13.3 and I use this folder to store custom presets and I select this one particular workspace by clicking on the > symbol, then Import, and only that workspace is installed and available in Photoshop's workspaces menu.

Gene

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 7.02.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gene,

Thank you for your help.

I did what you said, and now I am indeed able to select my custom workspace (see attachment). However, after I have clicked on Import Presets and then go to Window > Workspace, I don't see my newly imported preset. When I try to do it again, it says that the preset has already been imported - so it is somewhere, just not where it is supposed to be...

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Marsel

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 11.27.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you click on the preset in the left pane to select it.

Then click the ">" symbol to copy it to the right pane.

Then click the Import Presets button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that (even though the screen dump does not show it), but the preset doesn't show up in my workspaces. And like I said, when I try to import it again, PS tells me that I have already imported it - which is correct. I just don't know why it doesn't show up, or where PS has put it.

Marsel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in this folder, or should be: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings/WorkSpaces

From the Finder menu: Go > Go to Folder and paste the above path in the dialog.

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 7.53.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! I used your path and just dragged the .psw file in there and rebooted PS - it now shows up in the Workspaces and I have been able to select it.

Thanks a million, I really appreciate it!

Marsel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help you, Marsel and thanks for letting me know I did.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue, but I don't have a

Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings/WorkSpaces  folder on my computer.  And when I try to search in Finder to see where other workspace files are stored, it returns no results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This setting is in your Home Library, not the Root Library. You see the path begins with a tilde, ~ , to indicate your own account directory.

In your Finder menu > Go > Go to Folder... and paste the following path in the dialog box, and click "Go". The Finder window will open there.

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings/WorkSpaces

Screen Shot 2018-09-10 at 12.17.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - I got it to work - I was trying to find it by looking in finder, but for what whatever reason, that folder doesn't show without going to the go to folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Windows, system folders are hidden by default from the Finder.

If you can trust yourself and others not to accidentally change or delete them, you can permanently unhide them.

Quickly Show/Hide Hidden Files on macOS Sierra, OS X El Capitan & Yosemite | Ian Lunn - Front-end De...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines