• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop error/can't open

Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i tried to open Photoshop CC, i got an error that it could not, because some file HAD BEEN DELETED. Using Cretive Cloud interface, i updated and tried again. Another error. I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it via CC and got the error about an end of file. what's going on?

photoshopcouldnotinitialize.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

UPDATE: i saw a suggestion on the web to hold down CTRL ALT SHIFT keys while opening the program. It asked if i wanted to delete my settings, i said yes, and photoshop loaded. Then i went to windows/my workspace and it loaded up my previous workspace. (At some point i think i selected to save my preferences when i reinstalled, or maybe that wouldn't be the case). Anyway, This worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE. after i posted this, i tried to open Photoshop forum and my browser page froze. my whole computer froze. i had to turn off the power and boot again.

i tried again to open ps, with same error message.

I tried a suggestion on the only other thread about this i could find--which suggested resetting preferences : RUN/%appdata% and select adobe folder, but i couldn't get that far because that didn't open anything. it asked what program to use to open it. I can't seem to locate this manually either, by opening the adobe folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: i saw a suggestion on the web to hold down CTRL ALT SHIFT keys while opening the program. It asked if i wanted to delete my settings, i said yes, and photoshop loaded. Then i went to windows/my workspace and it loaded up my previous workspace. (At some point i think i selected to save my preferences when i reinstalled, or maybe that wouldn't be the case). Anyway, This worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines